looking for: recipe for bbq beef ribs

audrey_miJune 2, 2003

I bought these ribs thinking they were pork, but they were not. They are BEEF back ribs, not short ribs. Anyone, have you barbequed these? I need a recipe & time. I have a gas grill. Thanks, Audrey

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
wheely_boy

Might be too late but check out Bon Apetite's latest BBQ edition. I saw a recipe in there.

Bookmark   June 8, 2003 at 6:44AM
audrey_mi

Thank you Wheely_Boy, but I could not find the Bon Apetite's web site for their BBQ edition. Appreciate your lead. Actually, I finally BBQ'd them according to my pork recipe. On indirect heat for 1 - 2 hrs and used my favorite bbq sauce. They were rare but great. I may never go back to Pork again! Thanks again, Audrey

Bookmark   June 8, 2003 at 10:56PM
kita

Try browning them in a little oil on top of the stove - just to sear, then add a can of chicken stock, a cup of red wine, couple tablespoons of horseradish & put the pot with th lid on the grill for about 2 hrs - low heat to braise.
Will melt in your mouth......
Works for the short ribs too

Bookmark   July 18, 2003 at 5:35PM
jasavak

I cook them all the time on my smoker. Rub onion powder, pepper, and paprika on them. 250 degrees for 4 hours.

Bookmark   July 31, 2003 at 1:08AM
audrey_mi

Thank you everyone.Along with all of your helpful hints, which I appreciate. This is what I finally did. I cut off the extra fat & skin. Heated my gas grill on high. (while I am into rubs, I haven't used one yet) I did not cut them into individual pieces, but half & half of the whole slab. Then I bbq'd them on indirect heat for an hour to 2 hrs. Turning occasionally. The last 1/2 hr, I brushed them with sauce (turning 1/2 way) Yum!! What do you think? Audrey

Bookmark   August 2, 2003 at 8:05PM
sscutchen

Audry,

With the exception of some dry seasoning up front, your method sounds great. I use garlic powder, Lowery's seasoned salt, pepper and cayenne...

Here's one additional thing to try: After cooking on the grill to the point where the outside is as carmelized as you want, finish the ribs off in the oven. We line a roasting pan with Reynolds Wrap Release foil (to ease cleanup), put the ribs in and add BBQ sauce. (We don't use BBQ sauce while the ribs are on the grill.) Cover the roaster and roast at 350 degF until the ribs are fully cooked. You'll get really tender ribs with that crunchy outsides from the grill, but fully cooked and tender enough to fall off the bone.

Bookmark   August 11, 2003 at 9:43AM
More Discussions
Holland Grill Use - Am I wrong???
Hello Holland Grill users... we bought a Classic several...
Radman
Cooking ribs on a gas grill ??
I posted this on the cooking forum, then realized there's...
cookingrvc
Best Gas Grill
We are building a new home and looking to build an...
litlmikeyb
how to remove paint stain from stainless steel bbq?
someone spilled what appears to be stain or paint on...
wantboost
Ceramic vs Gas - is it practical?
I will be installing a new grill this summer in an...
Lucky_Rugger
Sponsored Products
Daytona 60" Double Bathroom Vanity with Mirror by Wyndham Collection - Espresso
Modern Bathroom
Puri Linear Suspension by SONNEMAN Lighting
$1,250.00 | Lumens
Cylinder Ribbed Glass Beverage Dispenser on Iron Rack
Classic Hostess
Cattelan Italia | Vanilla Chair
YLiving.com
WS Bath Collections Ringo 180 Single Handle Kitchen Faucet - RINGO 180 CR
$329.00 | Hayneedle