Dual zone UC wine cooler: Subzero or Miele?

jdknycJanuary 29, 2012

Originally we were thinking of getting the Liebherr WU4000, but friends of ours didn't have a good experience with them. Now we're choosing between the Subzero 424G and the Miele KWT4154UG1. The Subzero seems to consistently get great reviews on this forum. Haven't heard anything about the Miele but its shorter depth would allow me greater room for storage in my island. It's also slightly less pricey. If anyone has suggestions, please share! Thank you!!

http://www.ajmadison.com/cgi-bin/ajmadison/424G.html

http://www.ajmadison.com/cgi-bin/ajmadison/KWT4154UG1.html

Here is a link that might be useful: Miele wine cooler

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
beekeeperswife

I mentioned this earlier today. Check out Perlick. Unbelievable. I thought sub-zero was great...and then I saw the Perlick. whoa. AND...I have found the place with the deals! Perlick sells Factory Seconds. If you are building it in, it really doesn't matter if it has a little ding on the top or the side, etc.

The man that I worked with is named Scott. Give him a call, tell him what you are looking for and he can help you out. He might find something that isn't listed on the website. They will ship it to you, pretty inexpensively too.

I was quoted $2k in the store for the one I'm getting for $860. It has a small dent on the side. I hope the cabinet next to it won't be offended!

Call Scott. Tell him I (Karen) told you to call.

Here is a link that might be useful: Perlick's Fatory Seconds

Bookmark   January 29, 2012 at 8:21PM
jdknyc

Thanks Beekeeperswife! I'm looking for a 24" UC dual zone, but not sure if Perlick offers one. Regardless I'll definitely check them out because you never know!

Bookmark   January 29, 2012 at 10:23PM
dodge59

Good advice on the Perlicks. They are one of the few, and maybe the "Only" that offers variable speed compressors on their wine fridges.

Sooooo, what's the big deal about a variable speed commpressor??? Better temp control, (less temp fluctuation for your wines). More efficient. Less "Cycling" (on/off).

Need proof???

Remove the accelerator pedal from your car and replace it with an on/off switch and then get in and drive that succer,
(if you dare)!!!! The motor is either full on or full off, just like wine coolers or even fridges/freezers with old style compressors. They have to "Overcool", then shut the motor off, wait for contents to get "Too warm" and then come back on full blast---very "Ancient Technology" and Yep I have one, An Elux Wine Fridge, it does OK, but why not do better???? At least I did with my 48 JA built in Fridge!

Good luck on your choices!!

Gary

Bookmark   January 30, 2012 at 8:55PM
More Discussions
Jenn Air Counter Depth Refrigerator
Hi, We will probably be getting the Jenn Air counter...
C C
Zephyr Hurricane vs Broan QP430SS
Hi everyone, I'm hoping to get some advice or stories...
brewcat
good experience with AJ Madison
Got a really good deal on $5k worth of Bosch appliances...
logastellus
Any experience with a Miele or other plumbed-in coffee machine?
Heavily considering a plumbed in cva4066ss Miele coffee...
Vandit
cooktop
Hi, I finally narrowed down to 3 different 30 inch...
wmc123
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™