Heated Eyelash Curler

lisbFebruary 25, 2006

I have difficult to curl eyelashes. Has anyone used one of the heated kinds? Lis.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
socks

I've never heard of such a thing. Wouldn't it be dangerous to put something hot near your eye?

Bookmark   February 25, 2006 at 1:43PM
lisb

No, I'm sure they're not dangerous. They are supposed to warm up enough to allow the lashes to curl better. I was just wondering if anyone had tried one of these.

Bookmark   February 25, 2006 at 6:51PM
Joy_CA

Lis, sorry, I haven't tried them, either, but....

I use Shu Uemura's eyelash curler, the replaceable rubber that curls the lashes is, rounded, instead of flat like most curler are. I give the eyelash curler a quick shot with my hair dryer, or, hold it under hot running water, that seems to be enough heat to do the job. It works much better than the average curler, for me.

Joy

Bookmark   February 26, 2006 at 10:19AM
jcs7

This is my all-time best beauty secret. I hate mascara: too obvious for my taste, too messy to take off, and can still see remains next morning.

So, I give my Shu Uemura curler a quick blast from my hair dryer, then curl. My lashes stay curled all day. Make sure to test the metal against your hand the first few times so you know how long to warm it up to avoid hurting skin around eye. May sound scary, it's not. The rubber heats quickly so you'll only need a few seconds of heat. Use common sense.

It's like a curling iron for your lashes.

Bookmark   February 27, 2006 at 11:57AM
elizabeth_5

I bought one of these. I don't find it any more dangerous than the "old" unheated curler contraption. It does work.

As it happens, I forgot and left mine on and the battery went dead. Haven't used it since because I forget to pick up those darn special batteries. It was quite pricey for a plastic makeup appliance. On the other hand, I think the plastic part that cushions the eyelash might last longer than the old rubber one.

My advice though is to get a Maybelline curler and heat it with your hair dryer to see how that works.

Bookmark   February 28, 2006 at 2:27PM
lisb

I'm giggling at all the "heat it with your hair dryer" suggestions. My hair is about 1 1/2" long! I haven't owned a blow dryer in about 5 years. [Thanks anyway]
Re: the batteries - the couple that I saw take standard AAA size. I guess I'll just go ahead and get one of those and see how it works.

Bookmark   February 28, 2006 at 11:57PM
pommona

I do the hair dryer thing too and it works well. I bought one of those battery heated ones and the thing was so bulky that when I got it up close to my eye I couldn't even SEE my eye let alone try to cram my eyelashes into the thing. I took it back to the store and went back to the old metal contraption.

Bookmark   March 7, 2006 at 12:42PM
lisb

I tried the hot water suggestion and it did help a little. Thanks all.

Bookmark   March 8, 2006 at 12:56AM
jannie

Avon sold these a couple (?) years ago. I bought one but it was a little hard to use. Not real hot,but because of the design it was hard to get near the root line of the lid. I gave it to my teen dtr, she lost it. I would prefer a regular manual lash-curler.

Bookmark   March 8, 2006 at 8:52AM
More Discussions
dry scalp
I'm having a problem with my scalp. It seems so dry...
brownthumbia
Can a fiftyish woman have oily skin?
What exactly is oily skin? I have an oily T zone, doesn't...
bossyvossy
twisted silver chain
When I was in Poland a friend gave me a silver chain...
bleusblue
Wigs
I have decided to purchase a couple Paula Young wigs,...
lucillle
Revlon Mechanical Eyebrow Pencil Refill
I have used the Revlon Mechanical Eyebrow Pencil and...
MrsJrs
Sponsored Products
Donut Pet Bed
$199.00 | FRONTGATE
Ashton Pet Bed Dog Bed
$109.50 | FRONTGATE
Over-the-Cabinet Tall Styling Center
$11.99 | zulily
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™