Layered Hair

i_dig_itFebruary 21, 2009

I recently had my hair cut in layers after wearing it one length for years.

I love the new look, but I would like something to help make my layers stand out more rather than blending together.

Is there some kind of styler gel, mousse or balm that I could apply to my hair after drying it that would work to show off the layers?

I've never really used any of those type products in the past, so any suggestions and tips on how to use them would sure be appreciated.



Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

There's plenty of products on the market (like a wax) that will give you the "piecey" looks. Redkin has one called water wax. You only need a little on the ends of your fingers to be applied only to the ends of your hair. It works great, though if you have thin hair, you will want to purchase something that's not heavy.

Ask your styist what she's recommend based on your hair type.

    Bookmark   February 23, 2009 at 3:07PM
Sign Up to comment
More Discussions
Skimmer shoes....socks, knee-his, or bare feet?
I know it's a weird question...but ...I hate wearing...
Skin Health Maintenance
Hi, I am 30 and need advice on my skin care/skin health...
dry scalp
I'm having a problem with my scalp. It seems so dry...
Help with dry frizzy hair
I have very dry hair. It's very fine and straight,...
Facial Hair from upper lip
Hi All upper lip I have an embrassing problem with...
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™