Value of a double stamped Lladro?

sewwhatkatJune 7, 2011

hi all,

I have in my posession a lladro figurine that has a double stamp on it. None of either of the stamps has been scraped off. They both say 'Lladro made in spain' with the tulip above. My research tells me that this is not a second but an additional value to a collector. Please adivse.

Kat

Here is a link that might be useful:

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
lindac

From all I know it denotes a second....before the practise of scraping off the flower on the stamp of seconds.
Linda c

Bookmark   June 7, 2011 at 6:39PM
sewwhatkat

I found this quote from "Lladro's The Magic World of Porcelain" book quotes on page 278 ..."And we say marks in the plural since a variety of different ones are used all of which, needless to say, have the same validity. Even when, as in the case of one of these marks - prior to 1974 - a spelling mistake slips in to be preserved, perhaps forever, on a delicate feminine figure or on the agile body of an animal. These orthographical errors not only do not lessen the value or the worth of the figure but, on the contrary, give it a new dimension as a rarity much sought after by those collectors who have a love of the unusual .
What do you think?

Bookmark   June 8, 2011 at 12:43AM
lindac

As I said....it is my understanding that an early method to denote seconds to be sold at the warehouse were double stamped. I can't see the mark on your piece well enough to ID the time frame.

Bookmark   June 8, 2011 at 9:57AM
sewwhatkat

based on http://www.theprudentcollector.com/lladro_marks.html it is dated 1971-1974, it does not have the accent over the 'o' or trademark sign that followed after 1974.

Bookmark   June 8, 2011 at 4:29PM
lindac

I believe that was the first blue mark used? Frankly I don't know....all I remember was when I went to Spain I was warned to watch out for double stamped lladros and those without the bell flower....as those were factory seconds and often found in roadside stalls and on Las Ramblas in shops.
And I can find documentation for that same thing on the web but no pictures of the mark as it was double stamped.

Bookmark   June 9, 2011 at 11:39AM
More Discussions
Japanese Vase
I just got this vase at street sale would like to know...
Dones
W H Grindley Satin White
Can someone help me to identify the pattern? The stamp...
TulipWoolf
Three crown stamp on fork: Swedish or U.S.?
Any idea on the age or authenticity of this brass fork...
bradleyd_svh
Need help identifying this lamp.
Please see the picture below. The lamp was originally...
Chuck Wert
Why isn't furniture selling?
I've been trying to sell this 45" diameter vintage...
debodun
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™