Hair color, please help!

trettyJanuary 23, 2008

I want to have the same hair color as Reese Witherspoon, which boxed hair color would you reccomend? I have golden brown hair right now. Any input would be great! Thanks.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
mitchdesj

She has a pretty light blonde, from what I remember. You should find a picture of her that shows her hair well , print it and bring it with you to buy the color, a good pharmacy cosmetician should be able to point you to the right color and brand. Go to it in steps; hair color does lighten a notch after a few shampoos.

I use Color Conserve shampoo to keep my color true; harsh shampoos can strip color in no time.

Bookmark   January 24, 2008 at 5:31AM
mavy

I would NOT do it with a box. Take a moment to think about this.... her hair is not one solid color she has highlights lowlights and a all over base color. You can not achieve this with a box. Plus what is your natural hair color? Does it tend to pull orange or yellow undertones that you may need to account for in the formulation? Spend the money and have it done by a professional. It will be cheaper to do it that way then ending up going into the salon as a corrective color client.

Bookmark   January 25, 2008 at 12:28AM
chinacat_sunflower

ain't gonna happen - would take a box, three tinters, and a friend with a steady hand to come close-

there is a reason that Reese spends the money she does on her hair. part of it is the skill of her colorist.

Bookmark   January 30, 2008 at 12:34PM
jannie

Chinacat is right, looking like any movie star requires a great colorist. You can't do it at home. It's not something you can get from a box.

Bookmark   February 3, 2008 at 1:02PM
petaloid

Reese Witherspoon has natural-looking highlights in two or three shades applied with foils by a hairdresser.

You can't get that exact look at home. Even with the highlighting kits it's more of a striped effect, which can look cute too but it's different from what she has done.

Professional highlights blend with your natural color, so they don't have to be retouched as often as with a solid color. Even though it's expensive, you might be able to get away with waiting 2 months or more between colorings.

Here is a link that might be useful: Reese Witherspoon

Bookmark   February 16, 2008 at 11:19AM
susancnw

Make pics and go to your beauty school.

Bookmark   March 15, 2008 at 12:33AM
More Discussions
testing
Spirea reverting.
catkin
Eyeliner that will not smear? Have oily skin
Is there any other poster that has oily eye lids? I...
colorcrazy
Facial Hair from upper lip
Hi All upper lip I have an embrassing problem with...
Angel1977
where Cathy Daniels clothing sold...?
I have a hard time getting clothes to fit well &...
vieja_gw
Revlon Mechanical Eyebrow Pencil Refill
I have used the Revlon Mechanical Eyebrow Pencil and...
MrsJrs
Sponsored Products
Orange22 | Flow Bench
YLiving.com
Type H Wall Clock by David Scherer
$98.95 | Bellacor
Outdoor Ceiling Fans and Light: Westinghouse Willow Breeze 52 in. Indoor/Outdoor
Home Depot
Parker Living - Poseidon Dark Brown Leather Theater Style...
Great Furniture Deal
Kartell | Front Page Magazine Rack
YLiving.com
Belmont Three-Light Antique Brass Bath Fixture
$169.90 | Bellacor
Moonrays Path & Landscape Lights Power Pack Outdoor Black Low Voltage 300-Watt
Home Depot
Navy Leaf Corner Frame
$8.99 | zulily
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™