$500 to spend on a gas grill ....

dwyerkgJune 25, 2002

what would you get? what accessories? Is a cover needed?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
bsbbq

If that was all of the money that I could spend on a grill, I would probably look at a unit from "Great Outdoors". Very solid, lots of cast metal and even cast brass burners with a 25 year warranty. Weber also makes a nice product in that price range and are widely available.

Bookmark   June 25, 2002 at 4:21PM
Ciscoman

I also was looking to buy a Grill recently. (See my recent post the Weber Comparison). At a price under $500, the two grills that seemed the most attactive to me were the Weber Silver Genesis C and the top of the line Kenmore premium grill. For the reasons I outline in my post, I am very happy with with my Weber purchase dicision. Although, I do not have any actual experience with the Kenmore Grill on Sale at Sears for $ 499. It looked very interesting for the following reasons:

1) It is also manufactured by Grand Hall like the Member Mark Grill.

2)It has many attactive stainless steel components and it seems to be very well built.

3) It has slightly more BTU's than my Weber for a similiar surface area, so it should get plenty hot if you live in a moderate area.

4) It seems to have more features for less money that the Kenmore Elite Model.

5) Most noteably: it has an IR Rotisserie Burner and and a smoker box that allows you to add wood chips without opening the grill.

It you like the stainless steel look, are determined to stay under $500, you don't mind a short warranty period or live in a area were rust can be a problem, then the Kenmore seems like a good product.

For me, I am very happy with my Weber and would not go back and buy any other unit in this price range.

Good luck with your purchase decision.

Bookmark   June 25, 2002 at 11:17PM
Whaler

Take a look at the Aussie at Lowe's. I sure like mine.
Dick

Bookmark   June 26, 2002 at 11:00PM
grilldaddy

Or the uniflame at Walmart. Only $300, so you can go buy a couple of hundred dollars on good food to cook on your new grill.

Bookmark   July 17, 2002 at 10:52PM
More Discussions
Do you need to secure a grill on the patio?
I live in a state that gets tornado warnings on occasion...
ncdel
Cooking ribs on a gas grill ??
I posted this on the cooking forum, then realized there's...
cookingrvc
Lion Grill
I'm thinking about getting a Lion grill for a new outdoor...
winnetka75
Smokers
I'm thinking about getting my husband a smoker, and...
pondpal
Rebuild a Weber Silver-b grille?
I have a 8 year old Weber Silver-B grille. Is been...
shw104
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™