changing hair stylists

lazybonesJanuary 10, 2006

I have been wanting to change stylists and finally got the name of another woman at different salon. Well, I intended to call today to make an appointment. I came home to find a message on my answering machine from my regular stylist that she was no longer at her previous salon. She moved to the same salon where this new hair stylist is! Now I feel strange making the appointment with the new stylist. I can go on a day the old one doesn't work, and hope we never run into each other. I can pretend I never got her message and didn't know where she moved. I just don't think I can be honest, she is moody and I don't want any conflicts. What does anyone think?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
gurley157fs

I hate conflict so I would probably just pretend I didn't get her message and didn't know where she had moved. 'Oh, fancy meeting you here'. Then just keep using your new stylist.

I know that is not an entirely honest approach but like I said - I really don't like conflict especially with someone who is moody.

Bookmark   January 10, 2006 at 7:47PM
kwiat

And you definately don't want conflict with someone who does your hair. I say find another person all together, someone that does not work at the salon where the two stylists work.

Bookmark   January 12, 2006 at 11:03PM
krystyna4

You're right if she is moody, she is not likely to
be gracious but you might be surprised. There are many good stylists and maybe the last advice was best: just find another salon. But if you don't have many options, then be up front with your old stylist and telephone her and say you would like to try someone new and how would she feel if it was MRS. X. You have nothing to lose.

I had a situation where I decided to go to another stylist but keep my existing hairdresser to do my color. I ran it by her and to her credit she was professional and very accepting. I was the one surprised because she was a very young woman and I almost expected her to have gotten an attitude and miffed. As a result, she has had my continuing business now for three years (every four weeks!) and I get to have fun picking hair stylists.

Business is business.

Bookmark   January 15, 2006 at 5:20PM
More Discussions
What is a good face cream to use,that WORKS?
I think I've tried every brand of face creams,night...
Dotty9
Lifestyle lift, yeah or nay?
I am concerned with sagging and turkey neck. LL looks...
bossyvossy
Help with dry frizzy hair
I have very dry hair. It's very fine and straight,...
Twinkle
Facial Hair from upper lip
Hi All upper lip I have an embrassing problem with...
Angel1977
Skin Health Maintenance
Hi, I am 30 and need advice on my skin care/skin health...
alexander123
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™