starting the downsize

kate38June 6, 2010

I have many old family items that no one seems to want, so I'm sorting through and taking them to an auction house in some sort of order. Next week I'm taking decorative plates and some old kitchen ware. Before I do, I'm wondering if anyone can help me value the following:

plate marked Henroi Quimper '97 with a chip on the back (doesn't show on front) and a paint smudge on the front

Royal Doulton bone china plate marked "Glamis Thistle"

Delft plate marked "Dejonge moeder" maar C. Bouter 429

casserole w/metal footed carrier marked "Guernsey Cooking Ware." It's clean on the inside but doesn't look it. My grandmother used to make rice pudding in it.

Glasses (tumblers): West Virginia Glass, Weston, VA "Precious Metal & Lustre Stain Decorations" on a small piece of paper that came with the set. Each glass depicts a different bird. There are 8 and they're perfect.

Thanks so much for whatever you can tell me.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
sweeby

Glamis Thistle! I remember seeing a set of this lovely china at a nearby antique mall a few days ago. It caught my eye because the pattern is just so pretty and so unusual. Of course, they wanted several hundred for the set -- an oddball lot of pieces, far from complete. But it was just so pretty! It's been stuck in my mind ever since...

You might want to list that directly on eBay, since they seem to be getting pretty good prices.

Bookmark   June 6, 2010 at 1:40PM
antiquesilver

Glamis Thistle - I'm committing it to memory! It's lovely.

Bookmark   June 6, 2010 at 3:20PM
kate38

I've never sold anything on E-bay, and I'm embarrassed to say I don't even know how to post a picture anywhere, but maybe I should learn. The Glamis Thistle is very pretty, I agree. I only have one plate.

Bookmark   June 6, 2010 at 9:38PM
More Discussions
China Cup
Hi, I'm doing some research for my sister on a china...
niawomad
Need history of "Lister Woodcraft"
Trying to determine if this wooden candlestick is really...
bradleyd_svh
Mystery Lamp Company
Hello. I am trying to find out information about the...
debragcar
Trying to ID style of decoration on this 19th century table
This table (called a "plant stand" by the...
jacqueline9CA
Japanese Vase
I just got this vase at street sale would like to know...
Dones
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™