Does a deep 60 x 30 cast iron tub exist?

gothamlJanuary 30, 2014

We are renovation our apartment and I. The process are going from a one bath apartment to a three bath apartment! This means I get my own bath. I had selected two bellwether tubs from kholer for my bath and my daughters bath but started thinking that I may want a deeper tub if it is just my bath, I may want to take an actually bath (especially if I don't have three other people using that space to bathe in all the time).

Our architects said of course you want a deep bath, but we should really try to stick to cast iron.

Sooooo

I've been looking but I can't seem to find a 60x 30 cast iron tub that is on the deeper side that I can also use to shower. I found one from Procherre (? Can't remember the spelling) but it does not look like it has enough flat space to stand when using it as a shower, as I would most of the time. We don't really have the space to do 32". The Archer would work if we have to but it is acrylic and the architects would much prefer cast iron do to durability and the fact we will likely live in this apartment for at least 20 years.

Thanks!!!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
tibbrix

Best case would be to have a separate shower stall and a free cast iron claw tub, which you can find at salvage places and have re-enameled so they look brand spankin' new, but have architectural character and depth for a nice bath. But, it sounds like you don't have the room for that kind of set up?

Bookmark   January 30, 2014 at 9:13AM
BOD14

If you are looking for very nice freestanding cast iron bathtub that will give your bathroom the wow factor without breaking the bank but still giving you the quality of waterworks and such brands check out Penhaglion Artisan Crafted Cast Iron bathtubs, www.penhaglion.com

Bookmark   January 30, 2014 at 9:26AM
gothaml

We just have room for a combined shower/bath, so not a claw foot, I find those very hard to shower in (my MIL has one and we just use the other bathroom instead of trying to stand in it without slipping). We need a tub for alcove installation with an apron, or alcove drop in or undermount.

I mostly shower and will likely take a bath once every couple of weeks, or more often when I have my own bathroom.

Thanks!

Bookmark   January 30, 2014 at 10:06AM
benjesbride

We're doing a gut renovation of a house that has a really deep 60 x 30 cast iron kohler tub. Plumber said it's pretty old, I think he said they don't make them that deep anymore. Perhaps you could check out salvage places or craigslist? I've never had a tub reglazed, but I suspect the cost of a salvaged tub and the reglazing would be less than buying new?

Bookmark   January 31, 2014 at 8:26PM
val0105

I am also looking for a 60 x 30 cast iron tub, deeper than the 14.5" Villager, not free standing. Does anyone make one? In our last house we used the Kohler Mendota but it is 32" and won't fit in my current space ð¬

Bookmark   July 19, 2014 at 9:39PM
piscesgirl

I looked at a million tubs that would fit into our 60x30 space. Regarding deeper cast iron 60x30 tubs, there are two that I know of:

1) The tub you were kinda mentioning - Porcher Nouveau from the Ardennes Collection. Unfortunately this tub has since been discontinued, but you may be able to find someone who still has stock. The tub has a height of 19.6" (vs Villager 14") and an overflow height of 12.8" (vs Villager 8.6"), however it is a pricey tub (almost 4 times the cost of the Villager)...so you would have to decide if the extra depth is worth the extra cost.

2) Toto FBY1515LP - This tub has a height of 14.7" and an overflow height of 10.5", but again is much more than the Kohler Villager (almost 3 times the cost) so again, you would have to decide if the 2 inches of deeper water is worth another $600+ dollars.

On a side note, it isn't necessarily what I would call deeper (although it is a half inch deeper), but the Kohler Bellwether is a nice looking tub. Has a plainer/simpler apron. Reasonable price, but a little pricer than the Villager...but again, isn't going to give you that deep tub you are looking for.

Good Luck. I would have to say selecting the tub has the been the toughest decision on our hall bathroom remodel.

Bookmark   July 23, 2014 at 10:04AM
More Discussions
Anyone installed a Geberit in wall tank?
DH is getting ready to do the install in a 2 x 4 wall,...
numbersjunkie
Grout experts, Fusion Pro, Kerapoxy, Spectralock, Bostik?
Or Tec Power grout? I'm trying to choose something...
happyallison
Microsilk vs. Air Tub (Jason) OR Bain Ultra
Apologies for the additional thread. I realize there...
divotdiva
Help me finish designing bathroom
Need a little help and to ask if you think I'm heading...
fourhappy
Photos of your finished bathrooms?
Is there anywhere on this site where people on this...
bixa2805
Sponsored Products
Black Linen Cylinder Lamp Shade 8x8x11 (Spider)
$19.99 | Lamps Plus
Keswick Bath Bar
Lightology
Leaf Bronze Four-Light Bath Light with White Marble Glass Shade
$352.00 | Bellacor
Aqua Outdoor Postmount by Troy Lighting
$568.00 | Lumens
Safavieh Hand-woven Weaves Natural-colored Fine Jute Sisal-style Rug (5' x 7'6)
Overstock.com
Cross Handle Straight Stop - 1/2" IPS X 1/2" OD Compression
Signature Hardware
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™