? for weber gas grill owners

angelcubJune 2, 2004

We just bought a silver series and have used it twice. We really like it, but were wondering about cleanup. How often do you clean the flavorizer bars? Any other cleanup tips?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
SaBro

I don't clean the flavorizer bars until end of summer when I give the whole grill a good cleaning for winterizing. Otherwise, I burn off the grates with a super hot fire and then use a wire brush to finish. The flavorizer bars will burn off anything remaining or at least I don't see much there to worry about. Good luck with your grill, you are going to love it and get many years use.

Bookmark   June 2, 2004 at 3:30PM
wheely_boy

I pull mine out and scrape them off maybe 3-4 times a year. I also just replaced mine after 3 years because they were getting rusty. I grill year round and maybe 3-4 times a week this time of year and one a week during the winter months so it gets a lot of use.

Bookmark   June 4, 2004 at 5:21AM
sscutchen

Like wheely boy, I grill year round. Maybe 2-3 times a year I take everything out of the grill and scrape it down. Flavorizor bars, inside walls of the grill, the slide out bottom... Clean out as much stuff as I can. But other than that I pretty much just de-coke and brush the grills after cooking.

I did replace both my grills and my bars with stainless steel replacement about about 3-4 years or so. I'm sure the porcelain parts would have lasted longer if I had cleaned them more often.

Bookmark   June 9, 2004 at 4:46PM
cajun_cat

I use mine to much to clean,but I really love it.
You need to check out this site if you really love to
bar-b-que. Just go to www.grilltrap.com

cajun cat

Bookmark   September 20, 2004 at 7:16PM
pesto_sauce

Weber recomends that you do not do a burn off when you are finished cooking. This is per their manual for the Sumit Platinum D6 which I just bought.

Instead, they recommend that you do the burnoff right before the next time you cook. They say leaving the "stuff" on the grills between cooking sessions prevents them from rusting.

Bookmark   April 4, 2006 at 10:31PM
grillboy823

I just brush off the bars when done cooking, but I never heard of what pesto sauce just recommended. It seems to make a lot of sense. Other than rusting I have not heard of Webers having many problems, maybe this is the solution!

Here is a link that might be useful: Weber Propane Grills

Bookmark   August 9, 2008 at 5:00AM
More Discussions
Side burner recommendation
I am looking for a side burner to put in our outdoor...
bluehaven_gweb
Ceramic vs Gas - is it practical?
I will be installing a new grill this summer in an...
Lucky_Rugger
Holland Grill Use - Am I wrong???
Hello Holland Grill users... we bought a Classic several...
Radman
Smokers
I'm thinking about getting my husband a smoker, and...
pondpal
how to remove paint stain from stainless steel bbq?
someone spilled what appears to be stain or paint on...
wantboost
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™