What to do with Boneless Chuck Roast on Grill

loub5June 12, 2002

Hi All,

I got a great deal a few weeks ago for Black Angus Boleless Chuck Roast for 99 cents a LB, so I stucked up. After making several POT roast which were great I would like to try these on the grill(MM what a great grill). Anyone have any great tasting recipes and will also make this roast tender(wife hates tough meat). Got about 6 of these left need help real bad. Let me know

LOU

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Bill_L

Have you considered hamburger?

Bookmark   June 12, 2002 at 8:01AM
loub5

I know I can do that I want to have something different. Come on some must know something good to do with these

Bookmark   June 13, 2002 at 7:45PM
ljnelson

I deserve no credit for this "recipe" as it was posted by dannos on the members mark discussion part 2. I just recently purchased a couple of roasts to try it though! I copied it directly from his posting. He also recommends a rib cooking method. If you are interested in that you can go to that string and search on chuck roast!

Good luck-

Lee

Quick, delicious, cheap...
$1.99/lb chuck roast. Get an injector kit and inject it with Cajun Creole Garic, liberally sprinkle it with Cajun seasoning (both avaialbe at Menards), put in on the rotisserie for about 2 hours - 160 degress in the thick part will yield slightly pink. Chuck roast isn't round, so the ends that are closer to the IR burner will be extra crispy and spicey. I get my chuck roasts at Sam's - there's two in a package and I cook 'em both at the same time. Try the cajun seasoning on pork chops on the grill - it's great, but go easy on the Cajun seasoning cuz chops are a lot thinner than chuck roasts.

Bookmark   July 1, 2002 at 4:27PM
spambdamn_rich

Whatever you do, cook it a low heat, slowly. That will help break down the gristle, which chuck has a lot of. Personally I like the taste of good quality chuck - it has more taste than many more expensive cuts. But it can be a bit chewy. And sometimes the cheaper grades can taste kind of lousy.

Bookmark   July 1, 2002 at 8:17PM
ann_t

Lou,

Found this recipe for you. I think the secret to grilling a chuck Roast will be in a longer marinating to make the roast tender.

Good Luck.

Ann.

Here is a link that might be useful: chuck roast

Bookmark   July 3, 2002 at 7:22PM
loub5

Thanks everyone I will give these a try and let u know

Bookmark   July 3, 2002 at 7:29PM
More Discussions
Smokin-it Smokers
Smokin-it now has a 4 smoker line up. Judging from...
dcrb
Front Avenue grill at Costco
Do you know anything about this grill? Not sure what...
susanf242
Need suggestion for a gas cooktop to use outdoor
Can someone please suggest a gas cooktop/burner that...
Novie
Member's Mark Gas Grills Part 3 (Continued Discussion)
This discussion thread is about the Member's Mark stainless...
Ladd
Stereo for BBQ Island
Hello - Anyone have an outdoor stereo installed in...
wardman
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™