tec patio ii opinions?

Teddy LimMay 8, 2006

Does anyone have a TEC Patio II infrared grill and if so, what are your thoughts? I am interested in buying an infrared BBQ, but the high price is making me think twice about it.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
asolo

No direct experience with with TEC. Do have infrared grill -- and the principals are the same with all. Mine is small Solaire knock-off and is WONDERFUL. Never go back to regular gas or charcoal. TEC is top-drawer product -- one of the best if not the best. I would have confidence. Once you've used infra-red everything else (except mesquite charcoal...but what a mess!) is second best by a large margin.

Bookmark   May 8, 2006 at 11:23PM
dlynn2

We've had our TEC for 5 years and love it. It took a little getting used to because it was sooooo much hotter than any other grill we've ever cooked on when it is on high. It does a fantastic job of searing. We are very glad we chose this grill. Definitely worth the money we spent.

Bookmark   May 29, 2006 at 2:00AM
trixietx

We have had our TEC for 10 years and love it. It is well worth the cost.
I probably use it at least twice a week, year round and have never had to replace or repair any part of it.
I think you will like it.

Bookmark   June 2, 2006 at 10:31AM
honeybuns

I've been considering an infrared grill - either Solaire or TEC. What did you get? Does it also cook slowly? Did you consider dual fuel? what models and which fuels? Thanks for your thoughts!

Bookmark   July 8, 2006 at 2:35AM
barjohng

I just ordered the Frontgate version as it is on sale for 25% off and if you search (it takes a bit of effort to find the coupon code) you can also get free shipping. It is the identical unit to the TEC Sterling G2000 FR except it is on a pedestal with the side wings and the warming tray versus the cart with side arms and drawers. If you order that version you will pay over $5000 while the FG one is $2995 on sale. I checked with several internet resellers and no one could match the FG price.

The newer units have several significant improvements in that they are 100% infrared and used a glass emitter. Clean up is made easy by design and that is a huge plus. Just in case anyone else is in the market.

Bookmark   June 7, 2012 at 1:12AM
More Discussions
how to remove paint stain from stainless steel bbq?
someone spilled what appears to be stain or paint on...
wantboost
Rebuild a Weber Silver-b grille?
I have a 8 year old Weber Silver-B grille. Is been...
shw104
Ignighter problem with Weber or Dukane Gas Grill
Ignitor Problem with Weber or Dukane Grill- I have...
etbrown4
Member's Mark Gas Grills Part 3 (Continued Discussion)
This discussion thread is about the Member's Mark stainless...
Ladd
Windbreak for BBQ
We live in an area that is extremely windy at times....
ijensen
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™