Antique/vintage cup decoration - Is this normal? please help

petalonleafJune 26, 2011

I bought vintage/(antique) William Lowe Court China trio, a cup, saucer and side plate on ebay. The cap has a rim decoration around the outside but only half rim inside. If you hold the cup handle by your right hand in front of you, you can see inside rim decoration but hold by left hand can not see inside decoration. Is this normal in vintage items? or the cup is faulty or seconds? Please see the picture I linked

http://www.flickr.com/photos/61131751@N04/?hide_photostream_welcome=1

The problem was that the seller did not describe about it at all and cleverly (?) took the picture showing inside rim angle (placed cup handle right hand side) so I had no chance to know about the decoration on the cup.

Please anyone let me know so that I can decide whether I should contact the seller.

Thank you

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
lindac

Yes, that's intentional....you have a right handed cup....presumably one with the decoration on the other would be a left handed cup.
Beautiful by the way!
Linda c

Bookmark   June 26, 2011 at 9:48AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
petalonleaf

Dear Linda c

Many thanks your reply, I did not know this was designed to be. I decided to keep the trio not to return to the ebay seller.

I will soon upload more vintage cups & saucers to my flickr account (add in the original post), so please take a look if you would like.

Thank you again

petalonleaf

Bookmark   June 27, 2011 at 5:21AM
More Discussions
Why isn't furniture selling?
I've been trying to sell this 45" diameter vintage...
debodun
Need Help to ID Native American Jewelry Bracelet
I picked this up at local garage sale and thought it...
devincu
Help with information on these claw foot chairs
I just got these chairs 2 days ago, I picked them up...
Nina Zejnoska
Need help identifying this lamp.
Please see the picture below. The lamp was originally...
Chuck Wert
Help Identifying Cushman Furniture
I have a small Cushman cabinet, it appears that it...
cpannetti
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™