Do you need to secure a grill on the patio?

ncdelMay 6, 2014

I live in a state that gets tornado warnings on occasion & the back of our house is like a wind tunnel in general during storms b/c there is nothing behind us... we are putting a patio on the back of the house & want to have the grill in a spot that does not back right up to the house but is accessible to the door that goes inside...my only concern is whether I need to be concerned about the grill blowing over in a bad storm? I know we could build a wall/area for it to go in but I don't really want to spend that $. Is it necessary to secure or are there other ways or is it really unlikely that a grill would blow over (It is a Weber 4 burner gas grill to give you an idea of size/weight).
Thanks!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
gail618

I think a grill could blow over. I tie mine to my deck railing when hurricanes are expected. What about if you sunk a 4x4 into the ground a bit, in cement, behind the grill, cut it a bit shorter than the grill so you wouldn't see it so much, then you could tie the grill to it. You could drill a hole thru the 4x4 and put the rope through the hole.

Bookmark   June 30, 2014 at 10:45PM
More Discussions
Rebuild a Weber Silver-b grille?
I have a 8 year old Weber Silver-B grille. Is been...
shw104
How long one can use Grill (Life time)
Hi, My previous owner left us Grand Turbo grill by...
ritholtz
Best Gas Grill
We are building a new home and looking to build an...
litlmikeyb
Ignighter problem with Weber or Dukane Gas Grill
Ignitor Problem with Weber or Dukane Grill- I have...
etbrown4
Need suggestion for a gas cooktop to use outdoor
Can someone please suggest a gas cooktop/burner that...
Novie
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™