How to clear clogged pores

ilovewinterJanuary 14, 2008

I have tiny pores around my mouth that have become clogged. They are not unsightly, but the feel of the little bumps really annoys me. I think I got them from using too much lip balm. Who do I see about getting them cleared up? Do I need a dermatologist or will a good professional facial do the job?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
scarlett2001

Try the facial and see. I'm assuming that would be the least expensive choice? If they don't go away then you may need a doctor.

Bookmark   January 14, 2008 at 4:29PM
mitchdesj

I would definitely try a good facial, talk with the technician about extracting a few and see how you react.

Bookmark   January 15, 2008 at 7:01AM
chinacat_sunflower

if it's actually a waxy buildup from your lip balms (and you've ditched the balms for something with shea butter instead) then a good steaming should go a long way to loosen those plugs...if you're lucky, it will raise them enough that you can literally scrape them lightly with the edge of a spoon, and they'll slough right out.

better? a good steamy shower, and then mis-use those biore pore strips, unless you're like me, and have enough of a mustache that you need to wax it, wait two days, and THEN use the pore strips :)

Bookmark   January 18, 2008 at 1:23PM
More Discussions
buying named fragrances on-line ... risky?
I find fragrances I like are not popular sometimes...
vieja_gw
Hair cut advice
Have any of you had a V cut or A U cut on the back...
arizonarose
Best top for khaki skirt
I have a denim khaki skirt that I like a lot. What...
arizonarose
Proper wedding attire
We are invited to my Fiance's nieces wedding in November...
arizonarose
HOW much for a cut and highlight?
I normally post on the quilting and diet club boards,...
miscindy
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™