Traeger pellet grill?

kcredMay 4, 2008

I was all ready to buy a Weber Q 300 gas grill today at the store. I couldn't. It's gotta be wood or charcoal. Otherwise, why go to the trouble? Just cook on your stove. So while I was at the store, they showed me a Traeger pellet grill/smoker, with an auger feed and electric (?) ignition for the pellets. Does anyone have any experience with this brand/kind? It was pretty spendy, $660 for the small one, but I'd never seen anything like it. And since we recently moved into an apartment from a house, small is good. Just the two of us, but that Traeger was something. I guess I need to research them more. What happens if the store runs out of pellets? I guess you can't use it.

kcred

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
kcred

Well, I've had about a day to think it over, do research, and think some more. As good as the Traeger looks, I am going with the Weber Q 300. A bit because of the price, but mostly because of the great experience I have had with Weber charcoal grills over the years. I guess you don't mess with success!
kcred

Here is a link that might be useful: Weber Q 300 gas grill

Bookmark   May 5, 2008 at 6:33PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
harryam

I never use my stainless gas grill since I got my Traeger L'l Tex. No comparison. Easier to clean, great wood smoke taste, and no safety problems. Does require electricity. Well worth the expense.

Bookmark   June 4, 2008 at 10:49AM
More Discussions
Ignighter problem with Weber or Dukane Gas Grill
Ignitor Problem with Weber or Dukane Grill- I have...
etbrown4
members mark grills
anyone have a professional liquid propane gas island...
anelisemiller
Flames too high?
So I brought a new Brinkmann 6 burner grill from Home...
robbversion1
Smokers
I'm thinking about getting my husband a smoker, and...
pondpal
What are your most useful appliances in outdoor kitchen
We are in the design stages for our outdoor grilling...
squwhat
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™