Natural gas line connection to grill

RaksterMay 15, 2014

I want to get a natural gas grill, and this is what my outside line looks like(picture attached). Do I need anything else other than the grill to connect it? Any advice on grills? Everyone is saying Weber, but someone said their newest grills don't live up to their old standards, and Broil King is good. Not sure what to do. Any advice is appreciated.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
tallytomatoe

That looks like my hook up. I've got a Ducane Affinity and I've been very happy with it. It gets hotter faster than my weber used to and temps get higher overall. Mine has four burners and is a pretty solid grill at a lower price point than the weber genesis.

Bookmark   June 2, 2014 at 11:39PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
mongoct

You'll want a shut off valve and a quick disconnect fitting. You can find flexible 10' hoses that have a quick-disconnect on one end to connect to the valve at the house and the other end connects to your grill.

Some grills come with them included. With other you have to buy it on your own.

There is a box called the "Gas Plug" that you could use. It will connect to that pipe on the side of your house. The Gas Plug has an ON/OFF valve, the valve has a cam action on it so the quick disconnect can only be disconnected if the valve is in the OFF position.

Whenever a mobile gas grill is connected to a permanent supply line, it's a good idea to anchor the grill so it can't move/disconnect (wind storm?) and cause a leak.

Other code restrictions may apply. I'm not terribly familiar with natural gas codes as I live in oil heat and propane grill country.

Bookmark   January 29, 2015 at 2:30PM
More Discussions
Charcoal grills and/or Volcanic rock grills coming back
Someone was telling me that lots of people are turning...
summerstar
Need suggestion for a gas cooktop to use outdoor
Can someone please suggest a gas cooktop/burner that...
Novie
lynx or dcs best prices?
I had posted this in the appliance section but this...
nolacls
Do you need to secure a grill on the patio?
I live in a state that gets tornado warnings on occasion...
ncdel
Lion Grill
I'm thinking about getting a Lion grill for a new outdoor...
winnetka75
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™