Cooks Illustrated Grill ratings

fairegoldMay 21, 2003

Cooks Illustrated Magazine has a new article testing gas grills, and it is available online. If the link doesn't work, try www.cooksillustrated.com, go to "Cook's Extra" and enter code 40310.

Here is a link that might be useful: grill test results

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
LiveBlues

Thanks for the link. It was interesting reading. Keep us posted on your quest for a grill too!

Bookmark   May 21, 2003 at 12:25PM
wheely_boy

I give the articles conclusions a ringing endorsement. A few years ago I had a snobby moment and bought a Weber Silver B gas grill instead of the usual $129 Charbroil. I also bought the Weber Big Book of Grilling to go along.
Now outdoor grilling has become a year long hobby which the whole family enjoys. On Sundays I plan out the meal, go to the farmers market, and then take my time and cook. Today I am making baby back ribs, baked potatoes, asparagus and zuccini all on the grill.

Bookmark   June 1, 2003 at 6:19AM
fairegold

Can I come over for dinner??? Sounds great!

Do you know how those Weber A and B models compare? I know it's 2 burners vs 3... will that make a huge difference? There's about $100 difference in price.

And I am hoping that some of these will go on sale before the end of summer!

Bookmark   June 1, 2003 at 1:58PM
wheely_boy

In my opinion, the 2 vs. 3 burners make all of the difference in the world. The secret to being able to slow cook meats on a grill is indirect cooking, or having burners on, without having one on under the meat. With three burners you can place like a whole chicken in the center of the grill without having fire directly underneath it, but have burners on on either side. You can do this with two burners, but it is harder to regulate the temperature inside the grill.
These grills typically do not go on sale. Also, save the gas when you decide to shop. These grills are priced exactly the same, regardless where you shop.
By the way, last nights dinner was awesome!

Bookmark   June 2, 2003 at 11:00AM
More Discussions
How long one can use Grill (Life time)
Hi, My previous owner left us Grand Turbo grill by...
ritholtz
how to remove paint stain from stainless steel bbq?
someone spilled what appears to be stain or paint on...
wantboost
Bakers and Chefs gas grills ????
Anybody know about these grills that Sam's Clubs sell...
jimt
Front Avenue grill at Costco
Do you know anything about this grill? Not sure what...
susanf242
Stereo for BBQ Island
Hello - Anyone have an outdoor stereo installed in...
wardman
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™