Holland Grill Use - Am I wrong???

RadmanMay 18, 2002

Hello Holland Grill users... we bought a Classic several years ago and we never got to go to any of the cooking classes. We are somewhat flustrated at it's use and may consider selling it.

I like hotdogs and burgers on regular grills and could never get them like I wanted them on the Holland; black and well done.

I feel the Holland is a perfect family dinner cooker ... not traditional griller ... is that a fair assessment?

Thanks,

Radman

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
bing

Did you get a cookbook? I do not know of any cooking classes.
The real trick is to be sure to let the grill pre heat for 15 mins. ( longer in the winter ) Also, all cooking is done with the lid closed. Each time you open it, it must recover. It's a matter of time. If you want flame kissed, burnt food Holland is not going to do that. What you will get is a very moist cooked all the way through fine piece of meat. I have yet to cook anything on my grill that wasn't great ! When people come over they ask, " how do you get that to taste so good ? " I love mine, woundn't want any other grill.

Bookmark   June 3, 2002 at 12:27PM
fparry

Simply put, the Holland Grill is the best and most original gas grill on the market today. Not only does it produce a higher quality of cooking due to it's patented design but it is also the easiest grill to cook on I have ever encountered. You need to understand it's differences and how to use them to your advantage but when you do you will more than likely never cook on another product again. Yes, it is that good!

Bookmark   June 3, 2002 at 9:03PM
Bob622

A question was asked back in 02 about cooking hot dogs. I just purchased a vintage and my daughter wanted hot dogs for the first meal. I can find nothing about how long to cook a hot dog. Any suggestions?

Thanks
Bob

Bookmark   July 27, 2014 at 6:09PM
More Discussions
Need suggestion for a gas cooktop to use outdoor
Can someone please suggest a gas cooktop/burner that...
Novie
Smokers
I'm thinking about getting my husband a smoker, and...
pondpal
Ignighter problem with Weber or Dukane Gas Grill
Ignitor Problem with Weber or Dukane Grill- I have...
etbrown4
Side burner recommendation
I am looking for a side burner to put in our outdoor...
bluehaven_gweb
Ceramic vs Gas - is it practical?
I will be installing a new grill this summer in an...
Lucky_Rugger
Sponsored Products
Fine Mod Imports Stripe Dining Chair in Clear [Set of 2]
Beyond Stores
Pu 5MM50PRP 25 ft 5C Green Wire 50 LED Christmas Lights
EnvironmentalLights.com
Key Lime Green Leather Ladies Travel Kit with Shaver
Classic Hostess
Caps Collection Black Mini Pendant Chandelier
Euro Style Lighting
Longhorn Wall Rack
$49.99 | Dot & Bo
Vondom | Vela Chair
YLiving.com
Safavieh Dark Grey/ Beige Indoor Outdoor Rug (8' x 11'2)
Overstock.com
Green Die-Cast Aluminum Landscape Path Light
$59.99 | Lamps Plus
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™