Help me find a bra that will...

aceyJanuary 3, 2007

push my breasts TOGETHER, not just UP. I have implants that are at least 25 years old, and they are fine, really, but I've always had a 2 to 3 inch wide space over my sternum that keeps the breasts very separated. I could drive a car between my boobs! I'd like to find a brand of bra which would push the two breasts together, to look more attractive under V-neck or low cut blouses especially.

I'm a 36C.

Any ideas for what brand to look for and where would be appreciated!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
telly2

I have the same problem, although I do not have implants. My breasts just naturally sit farther apart than most.(I'm a 38C). I finally broke down and tried all the most popular bras at Victoria's Secret, and told the salesperson what I was looking for specifically. I found the perfect bra there, and although I hated to spend the $, I'm glad I did. My new bra makes a huge difference, and as soon as I can afford it, I'm going to get a second one just like the first.

Bookmark   January 3, 2007 at 7:53PM
coolmama

Acey~I'm not trying to make you mad,I'am only telling you this for your own good.You may not want to wear a push-up bra.My aunt and my sister have breast implants and were told you cannot wear a bra that has underwire or squeezes your implant in anyway.It can cause wear or breakage to the implant with prolonged use.
My aunt was even having pain and the doctor told her it was cuz she was wearing the wrong kind of bra.
They both have saline though.You have silicone? I think those may be more pliable.

Bookmark   January 4, 2007 at 6:28AM
jdsl1998

Telly2 What was the style name or number of the bra you bought at VS? I wear a 38B and have the same problem.

Bookmark   January 16, 2007 at 12:07PM
acey

yes, Telly...can we have the number or a detailed description!

Bookmark   January 17, 2007 at 12:04AM
telly2

Ok, I went & got it and looked at the tag....It's the "Very Sexy" push-up bra. There are several numbers listed on the tag as well, although I don't know what they stand for. Here they are: 196512-990. Below that: RN# 70817. Below that: ID# 706521.
The only other thing I remember about it is that it has the "infinity edge" which keeps the top edge of the bra from poking out and showing through your clothes. Love this feature, although at the time that I bought it, I really didn't think it was that big of a deal. Wish all my bras were like this one ! BTW, I believe the price for the bra before sales tax was $42.00. I mention this because several of their bras look almost identical, but I noticed a few dollars difference in price, for whatever reason.

Bookmark   January 17, 2007 at 7:48PM
terriks

I have the Infinity edge push up bra also and really like it too. And it was $42.00. I bought a black one first and just recently bought one in nude, thanks to a VS gift card from my husband for Christmas.

Here is a link that might be useful: Victoria's Secret Infinity Edge bra

Bookmark   January 21, 2007 at 1:25PM
esga

Go to a department store or lingerie store that has a fitter and get her advice, would be my suggestion.

Bookmark   January 31, 2007 at 2:37PM
More Discussions
HOW much for a cut and highlight?
I normally post on the quilting and diet club boards,...
miscindy
bath soap
What is your favorite bath soap and do you use antibacterial...
Pat
You are over 60 with fine, thin, straight hair
that won't take a perm. How do you wear your hair?
pauline13
Coconut Oil
I have been hearing so much abut the benefits of Coconut...
mizscarlett2001
Wigs
I have decided to purchase a couple Paula Young wigs,...
lucillle
Sponsored Products
Orange Martini Entertainer Food Carrier
$34.99 | zulily
A & L Furniture Yellow Pine Picnic Table with Attached Benches - 111-WP WHITE-WI
$389.99 | Hayneedle
Kids Kendall Denim 42-Inch x 84-Inch Blackout Window Curtain Panel
$17.95 | Bellacor
Caribbean Blue Quincy Loveseat
Cost Plus World Market
Modern Style Chrome Wall Sconce with Round Iron Base
ParrotUncle
Bistro Stool
$159.99 | Dot & Bo
Glomar Track Lighting 1-Light MR16 12-Volt White Round Track Lighting Head
$26.99 | Home Depot
Sunnydaze Moonrise Tabletop Fountain, Copper, 18 Inch Tall