Finally Picture of Member's Mark Built-In Grill

waypointMay 28, 2002

Well I finally finished the built in gas grill project. My wife and I purchased our Members Mark grill last August 2001 with the money from our tax rebate check. And for 10 months it has been sitting in the two boxes in the living room. About 3 weeks ago, my wife manadated that I should get started building this brick island or risk her wrath. Well I started at my own pace until she put in an order for it to be completed by Memorial Day so we could use it. As a result, I kicked it into high gear and in one week, I completed brick built in gas grill. I ran the gas line, convert from LP to NG, poured a pad, bricked, tile, grouted, and other things. Here are pics of it.

Thanh "Waypoint"

Here is a link that might be useful: Pics of the Brick Built in Gas Grill

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
lpsage

Waypoint, you must be proud. That looks really good!
Plenty of tiled prep surface and that MM beauty smack in the middled. When's the party?

Lpsage

Bookmark   May 28, 2002 at 9:01PM
lakerat

It looks terrific. How was the Memorial Day party? Did you like the performance of your new, beautiful grill?

Bookmark   May 28, 2002 at 11:59PM
waypoint

Last year I did a search for built in projects and could never find any info. I've even posted on here acouple of times to see if anyone had done this before. To no avail, I couldn't get to one DIY project for grills. So, I hope that my completed project will be able to help others out there contemplating building there own built in brick grill.

Memorial Day BBQ was great. I rotissereed two teriyaki injected chickens and they were great. We also grilled some pork ribs, rib-eyes, kabobs, and pork loins. Everything was superbs. The grill is better that I ever expected. I literally turned on the rotisseree and walked away until they were done. Couple of questions. I cleaned and oiled the covered but still have that browning problem othere have talked about. Whats the best way to clean the cover.
Thanks for visiting.

Bookmark   May 29, 2002 at 12:12PM
lpsage

Waypoint,
Time to go to work again! Get a can of Barkeepers Friend in the cleaners section(metal polishes like Brasso) where cleansers and such are in your supermarket. Get a small bucket of water and a sponge, have your hose at the ready
and wet the sponge, sprinkel it with Bar Keepers Friend....let it sit for a minute and then scrub in the direction of the "grain". Then rinse with your hose, let it dry completely and get a can of Stainless Steel Magic(about $5.00/can at Lowe's) and polish it up with a soft cloth.
It'll look like new and stay looking good for awhile.

Lpsage

Bookmark   May 29, 2002 at 9:57PM
jennajo

Wow, that looks awesome. I'm considering buying this grill for my husband for father's day but we eventually want to build in to a patio. I'm printing out your pictures as a guide! Thanks!

Bookmark   June 4, 2002 at 4:56PM
BBQnSteve

Waypoint, great work! Have you considered putting together a step by step instructional with dimensions and materials list along with your pics for those of us who are very novice in trying to figure out how to do what you did? I am not very handy at brick laying but from your pics I may be able to hire someone to do this job. Again, great looking setup.

Bookmark   July 2, 2002 at 2:46PM
Kimmidi

if the grills stays over 500 degrees for more then 5 minutes it can cause discoloring of the stainless steel.The only thing I know that removes it and restores the finish is called flitz and is sold at flitz.com
:-D

Bookmark   July 2, 2002 at 10:01PM
simbp215

Any chance of posting a new picture link? The old one seems to be broken. Thx!

Bookmark   July 9, 2008 at 10:53PM
kat_ofhb

^Link? I wonder if he even has the grill anymore!

Bookmark   July 10, 2008 at 6:51PM
More Discussions
What are your most useful appliances in outdoor kitchen
We are in the design stages for our outdoor grilling...
squwhat
Best Gas Grill
We are building a new home and looking to build an...
litlmikeyb
Windbreak for BBQ
We live in an area that is extremely windy at times....
ijensen
members mark grills
anyone have a professional liquid propane gas island...
anelisemiller
how to remove paint stain from stainless steel bbq?
someone spilled what appears to be stain or paint on...
wantboost
Sponsored Products
Polaris P126 Stained Glass Vessel Sink
PLFixtures
Gold Iron Floor Lamp: Lace 63 in. Golden Ruby Floor Lamp 20181GR
Home Depot
Creme Bell Polished Brass Plug-In Swing Arm with Cord Cover
Lamps Plus
A & E Hampton 3 Piece Wall System Wood Bookcase - HAMPWALL3
Hayneedle
Contemporary Indoor/Outdoor Area Rug: Kas Rugs Rugs Soft Ikat Ivory 2 ft. 2 in.
$41.97 | Home Depot
Vila Amber Cloud Three-Light Round Pendant
$535.50 | Bellacor
Christopher Knight Home Black Umbrella Base
Overstock.com
Pics On A Wire Frame
$29.99 | Dot & Bo
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™