the best flavor!

dordogsMay 30, 2009

Hi everyone! I've been reading about infrared/ radiant gas grills and wonder what the flavor is like using these? Do they provide a similair flavor that a gas grill does? Is it a flavor as good as charcoal provides? Are they reliable over time? I want to replace my (messy)charcoal grill and have used a plain old gas grill in the past but I'm looking for the best flavor (like you might get in a high quality restaurant) possible. Also is there a difference between infrared and radiant cooking that I should be aware of in making a product decision? THANK YOU for any comments or suggestions! dordogs

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
gardenlover25

Actually, I have tried it once and I think charcoal grill is the best.

Bookmark   July 12, 2009 at 4:00AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Suzi AKA DesertDance Zone 9b

Our gas grill has infrared on the rotisserie and whatever we cook tastes fabulous! Sometimes we put foil packets of soaked chips in there (punched so the smoke can add flavor), and that works well too. The gas grills both work fine, and I'm not sure what they would do without soaked chips for the smoke.

If you have a vineyard (which we do), use those cut up prunings as soaked chips! Yummy smoke!! And serve the wine from your vines while you watch the BBQ! Oh my! Nothing bettah!

Bookmark   August 11, 2009 at 1:31PM
More Discussions
what equipment should be bring in Barbecue
I'm going to and my friends crazy once before back...
junho
Rebuild a Weber Silver-b grille?
I have a 8 year old Weber Silver-B grille. Is been...
shw104
Bakers and Chefs gas grills ????
Anybody know about these grills that Sam's Clubs sell...
jimt
Best Gas Grill
We are building a new home and looking to build an...
litlmikeyb
Charcoal grills and/or Volcanic rock grills coming back
Someone was telling me that lots of people are turning...
summerstar
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™