Pedestal Sink

PolAmerWoman28June 12, 2013

I have a pedestal sink that I'm trying to determine it's value.

Under the sink are the words ROBINSON and MADE IN THE U S A.

Does anyone know anything about the sink or know who I could contact to find out about it?

It looks very much like a 1930 Kohler sink except the faucet holes on this sink are much closer to the center.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
lazy_gardens

Where did you get it - what is your best estimate on age?

Because of the weight and fragility, your best market is local restoring projects, via craigslist.

Your competition is modern sinks with a vintage look, so you have to price close to them.

Make sure a modern faucet set can fit the holes, and that the drain hole is not damaged.

Bookmark   June 12, 2013 at 11:17AM
PolAmerWoman28

So, you're telling me that this sink is only worth the value of a new pedestal sink. A Kohler sink from 1930 is worth about $800.00 - $900.00 on http://www.thisoldtubandsink.com/

The sink came from a house in Erie, PA. It is estimated to be about 100 years. The only damage to the sink is underneath (see pic). Will that hurt the value of the sink?

Bookmark   June 12, 2013 at 1:11PM
lazy_gardens

Is that rust? Or just staining? If there is no chipping, cracks or rusted metal, it can be ignored.

Yes, that website asks $8-900 for antique Kohler sinks. This is not a Kohler sink, or at least is not a marked Kohler sink, and that site will not pay you $800 for it.

You could try listing it on Craigslist or even etsy.com for $800 and see what happens.

Bookmark   June 12, 2013 at 8:40PM
sheilajoyce_gw

We had a sink like that in the upstairs bath of my parents' home, built about 1900. I clearly remember balancing my makeup bottle on the edge of the sink as I got ready for dates.

Bookmark   June 22, 2013 at 10:17PM
norar_il

There was a "pottery" named Briggs in Robinson, Illinois. It could have been made there -- they made bathroom fixtures. It's closed now.

Bookmark   June 23, 2013 at 11:44AM
PolAmerWoman28

Thanks for the info folks. :-)

Bookmark   June 23, 2013 at 1:31PM
sheilajoyce_gw

My parents bought the house in Peoria, Illinois, to accommodate my addition to the family. I was child #3, and they moved in during May of 1941. They were the 2nd owners of that house, and they never replaced the sink. It was a beautiful, classic sink, much nicer than most pedestal sinks I see today. I liked the rim for holding the toothpaste while brushing my teeth or being able to park my makeup bottles on the edge as I daubed my face with this and that.

I remember as far back as the middle or late 1940s. I hope you see this answer to your questions. Your email would not allow me to reply.

Bookmark   June 23, 2013 at 5:34PM
More Discussions
Are garage sales a thing of the past?
Years ago when my mom and I had garage sales, our yard...
debodun
Help with print
Have some one seen this name on artwork or know of...
Dones
Antimassacars and tablecloth
I found a cache of embroidered and lace furniture accessories...
debodun
Radio /turntable
Hi, I was given this radio/turntable and wish to know...
koolkat62
Sponsored Products
Kraus KHU103-33-KPF2160-SD20 Double Basin Undermount Kitchen Sink with Faucet Mu
$559.95 | Hayneedle
Waste King Legend Series Heavy-Duty Garbage Disposer
Signature Hardware
Vigo Bathroom Rectangular Glass Vessel Sink in Amber Sunset VG07046
Home Depot
Round Chiseled Marble Vessel Sink - Dark Emperador Marble
Signature Hardware
Angled Polished Beige Travertine Vessel Sink
Signature Hardware
pl123-18 Offset Stainless Steel Kitchen Sink
PLFixtures
KOHLER Bathroom Persuade 25-1/4 in. Vitreous China Vanity Top with Basin in
Home Depot
Kraus C-GV-651-12mm-10 Ares Glass Vessel Sink and Waterfall Faucet - C-GV-651-12
$269.95 | Hayneedle
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™