Details, details...

abgardeneerJanuary 27, 2004

This isn't a serious posting, but I've been taking a different form of public transit lately, and consequently, doing a lot of involuntary "people-watching"...

One of the silly, little things that's bugging me (obviously I'm bored!) is the number of people I see wearing clothes on which they've neglected to...

-remove the temporary stitching that holds shut the pleats or vents, after buying the garment, e.g. a rear kick-pleat on a coat, or the vents at the back hem of a man's jacket; perhaps these garments are worn their entire useful lives without the pleats and vents ever being allowed to do what they're supposed to do?

-open up the pockets of a suit jacket, again, stitched shut for display purposes; perhaps folks assume the pockets are "fake" since they seem to be sewn shut?

-remove the very large, visible label that says "95% Wool, 5% Cashmere"! (or whatever) from the wrist of a coat sleeve!

I feel like running around after people with a tiny pair of scissors! .... Whew, it's been a long winter!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
rotny

Though I haven't seen any infractions as of late, I hear you AB. One thing that grates my nerves though, and it has nothing to do with beauty or fashion, is seeing countless vehicles motoring around with thise blasted information stickers still affixed to the window. What's that all about???

Rotny

Bookmark   January 29, 2004 at 11:02AM
yellowhair

I was getting ready for church on Sunday and started to put my jacket on----oops----the pockets were sewn shut----I had never noticed this---thought it was a fake pocket---GUILTY!

Bookmark   February 5, 2004 at 11:42AM
joann23456

I always leave the pockets sewn shut - I think it improves the line of the piece, as the pocket never shows any gap.

Bookmark   February 5, 2004 at 11:44PM
abgardeneer

I like my pockets to be functional - if only for a kleenex or some notes! I could imagine if one carries heavy things in the pockets (e.g. wallet?), one could possibly stretch the fabric or the stitching, but on a reasonably well-made jacket, the pockets shouldn't gap open on their own. Haven't experienced it (and hope I never do.)

Bookmark   February 8, 2004 at 12:26AM
More Discussions
Skin Health Maintenance
Hi, I am 30 and need advice on my skin care/skin health...
alexander123
Laser Hair Removal
My annual bonus this year will fund something I've...
mary_md7
What to Wear with Dresses in the Winter
I notice the women on the morning shows all wear short...
blueheron
Skimmer shoes....socks, knee-his, or bare feet?
I know it's a weird question...but ...I hate wearing...
marc_ia
Revlon Mechanical Eyebrow Pencil Refill
I have used the Revlon Mechanical Eyebrow Pencil and...
MrsJrs
Sponsored Products
Safavieh Handmade Cambridge Moroccan Plush Black Wool Rug (5' x 8')
Overstock.com
RGB-pixelpro-bullet-8 RGB PixelPro LED Bullet
EnvironmentalLights.com
Faux Orchid - WHITE
$295.00 | Horchow
Veneto Luce Montana 12-Up and Five-Downlight Dark Bronze Short Bridge Chandelier
Bellacor
Lamp International | Alfea Floor Lamp Li1050
YLighting
Christmas Tree Stocking Holder - Christmas Decorations
$199.00 | FRONTGATE
Knoll | Krefeld™ Ottoman
YLiving.com
Citrus Citrus-Squeezer by Alessi
$48.00 | Lumens
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™