Window in shower how to Kerdi
Shower over tub
Tub set in alcove (meaning tile will be on three walls)
Aluminum clear window in shower
Window installed incorrectly by previous owners = rotten rough opening due to water intrusion
Original tile was on drywall by previous ownders = mold everywhere
Completely replace everythingÂincluding window
New window is vinyl, tempered, obscured glass, casement/safari-style
I know having a window in a shower is frowned upon. However, in our situation we have no choice but to replace it. We did not budget to update the exterior of our house.
I have been sifting through all the posts on this website regarding Kerdi.
- I did see MongoÂs post titled "Kerdi Shower". This is just what we need for tiling the three walls in the shower.
- I did see bill_vÂs website where one of his customers had a window in a shower
1. How do we install Kerdi to the wall with the window?
2. After install of Kerdi, how are windows tiled?
3. How do we prevent water intrusion where the Kerdi meets the window?
4. We have the window but havenÂt installed it. Any tips or rules to follow to ensure we donÂt repeat the past? Do we treat this like any other window in another part of the house?
5. Do you place cement board on the inside of the window?
6. Anything else we should know?
I am hoping someone can provide step-by-step instructions that we can follow...fingers and toes crossed.
We are new to tiling and want to make sure to get it right the first time.