Need help with finding out age of National Sewing Machine

redneckladyMay 1, 2012

I recently was given my grandmother's sewing machine from my Dad. He said it was purchased before he entered the Army in 1950 but not sure where from. It is in a table.There is a silver plate stamped NATIONAL on the front. The color is white with a blue face. a #126 stamped underneath and the foot pedal is a Boco model 66 1A-115V AC-DC also the table is stamped...71818X

the front is a blue color. there is three white buttons on the front bottom that reads.....embr. silk. norm. one on each.

There is three large silver dials on front with a small white dial in the middle.One of the dials is says button holer. Also a silver dial just above the needle 0-9. There are two silver spool holders on back and one on top. The table is of a dark oak color and the door swings out to the left with a spool holder attached to the inside of door. If anyone has any info or need pics I can provide....PLEASE help.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
lindac

national made sewing machines to be marketed by Wards and Sears....they were not very good machines. I know I had one that dated from about 1955.
Did you do a google search?

Bookmark   May 6, 2012 at 8:00PM
cooksnsews

Can you post a pic somewhere? It doesn't sound like a machine made by National in the USA, more like a post WWII Japanese machine with a National badge. No American made Nationals had zig-zag or buttonhole capability.

Bookmark   May 17, 2012 at 11:53PM
rednecklady

Hello cooksnsews I can't figure out how to email you the pics can you direct me please...thanks

Bookmark   June 7, 2012 at 10:39PM
cooksnsews

You have to have the pics stored on the web, on a site like Flickr or Webshots, etc. On the Kitchen Forum, there is a thread for newbies that is constantly being bumped that explains how to load pics into a post.

Bookmark   June 9, 2012 at 1:36AM
Dawmar

I recently inherited a National sewing machine, too. Does anyone know how to tell what year it was manufactured? Photos attached.

Bookmark   August 17, 2012 at 3:42PM
More Discussions
not a 3 headed dragon candelabra
We have had this brass candelabra for over 30 years,...
egbar
Name on artwork
I just got this photo today, have you ever hear of...
Dones
Help with age and materials of chair
I just purchased this chair, used, with the idea of...
mikejillnelson
Sponsored Products
Thermocast Utility Sinks Kensington Drop-in Acrylic 25x22x12 2-Hole Single Bowl
Home Depot
Double Rectangular Stainless Steel Sink
MR Direct Sinks and Faucets
Stanley Coastal Living Resort Tranquility Isle Night Stand Dune 062-D3-83 Multic
$699.98 | Hayneedle
Fresca Torino 42 White Bathroom Vanity w/ Side Cabinet & Vessel Sink
Hudson Reed
Mistie Rug 10' x 14' - KHAKI
$5,199.00 | Horchow
Dove Vines Flatweave Rug 7'9" x 10'10" - SKY BLUE
$859.00 | Horchow
Verve Violet Cleo 24" Wide Pendant Chandelier
Lamps Plus
Outdoor Security Lighting: Defiant Alternative Energy 500 Lumen Outdoor White
$69.97 | Home Depot
People viewed this after searching for: