Anyone know anything about Paine Furniture Manufactory?

jlc102482May 1, 2012

I just bought a Victorian marble top dresser. It's the type with a glove drawer on either side and it also has two candle/lamp sconces, one on each side of the mirror. The style looks to me like half Eastlake and half Renaissance Revival. It has a red embossed tag on the inside of one of the drawers that reads "Paine Furniture Manufactory, Maine" on it. Because the dresser appears to be very well made, I got curious and Googled the company to find out more about it. I wasn't able to find much of anything, and I am unsure if the Paine Furniture Manufactory was the Victorian predecessor to the Paine Furniture Company, which is/was also of Maine.

Does anyone know anything about the Paine Furniture Manufactory and if their Victorian pieces are worth more than the average Victorian dresser? I don't mind if it's not, but I would like to know if I overpaid. I think I might have! ;)

Thanks in advance!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
lindac

Most...the great majority of the time....with antique furniture, unless it's something like Stickley the manufacturer of the piece has no bearing on it's value.

Bookmark   May 23, 2012 at 6:15PM
More Discussions
Three crown stamp on fork: Swedish or U.S.?
Any idea on the age or authenticity of this brass fork...
bradleyd_svh
Ruby cut to clear bowl set - help with identification
A while ago I bought this set of four ruby glass bowls...
lana_roma
Help with information on these claw foot chairs
I just got these chairs 2 days ago, I picked them up...
Nina Zejnoska
Trying to ID style of decoration on this 19th century table
This table (called a "plant stand" by the...
jacqueline9CA
Vase no marks new or old ?
I have this vase with no mark at bottom, it's real...
Dones
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™