New Virco Model at Costco

GrillMeisterApril 22, 2003

Has anyone purchased the new Virco Grill at Costco this year? It looks like they listened to customers and improved on last years model. The price is still $799.

Now they just need to get some in stock.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
lakeguy35

We don't have Costco here, but they sure do look like a nice grill. I'm not in the market for a new one yet but when the time comes I'll be checking these out. Would like to have it built in when I redo the decks.

David

Bookmark   April 23, 2003 at 11:54AM
GrillMeister

Just picked up my new Kirkland Grill at Costco in San Antonio. I had to drive down from Austin. They had 4 in stock and two of last years models on the floor for $699 which they were trying to sell before they put the new model out. They also had a smaller Virco that they are selling for $399. Not bad, but I was already set on the $799 model. Took about 20 minutes to uncrate and setup. I'll be grilling the first steaks this evening.

Whoo Hoo!

Bookmark   May 3, 2003 at 7:40PM
Cajun007

After waiting over 6 weeks with no delivery date in sight, I called Costco Corporate. As usual, they were excellent (I talked to the buyer who handles these grills) and gave me a delivery date to our local (Bakersfield, California) Costco. 4 days later, my wife and I "christened" our new grill with 3 New York steaks. They were perfect.

The flames on my outside burner did not change as I turned the knob from high to low, so I called the number in the Manual (it's even on the grill) and they said I needed a new valve and would send it out as soon as I faxed them a copy of my receipt. Great service - no questions - just do what needs to be done. That was a nice sign of a service oriented manufacturer.

Anyway, I'm anxious to chat with those of you who have this grill - or one of the earlier versions - as this stainless steel thing is a little new to me. Have a few questions.

Bookmark   May 13, 2003 at 5:37PM
LiveBlues

I just got one of the new models a little over a week ago. I've been very impressed with it so far. It's quite a bit different than my old $179 gas grill.

I haven't got to try out the smoker tray yet, but I am looking forward to it.

Bookmark   May 19, 2003 at 2:02PM
gbhatl

Does this grill comes with a rotisserie attachment? If so, does anyone have any feedback?

Bookmark   November 9, 2003 at 4:52PM
GrillMeister

The Kirkland model does come with a rotisserie, but I never had a chance to use it before I took the grill back. It sucked propane like it was free, the burners could not be adjusted to a blue flame, it burned everything that had a minimal fat content, and then all the lettering peeled off. Not bad for a $800 Stainless Grill. Check out www.biggreenegg.com. I took my refund and bought a large Big Green Egg. You can check out photos of what I've cooked so far at the link below

Here is a link that might be useful: Cooking on the Big Green Egg

Bookmark   November 9, 2003 at 5:30PM
More Discussions
Smokin-it Smokers
Smokin-it now has a 4 smoker line up. Judging from...
dcrb
Grilled Pork Tenderloin
Found this recipe and it is a keeper! Easy marinade...
lkzz
Any info on the 'Perfect Flame' grill from Lowes?
I was looking at the grills at Lowes today and they...
joecrabb
Bakers and Chefs gas grills ????
Anybody know about these grills that Sam's Clubs sell...
jimt
Smokers
I'm thinking about getting my husband a smoker, and...
pondpal
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™