Uneven heating due to incline?

jethroApril 10, 2007

I just purchased a Weber Spirit E-310 LP gas grill (3 burners) and used it for the first time this evening. I normally use keep my grill on the back patio, but since I had just unloaded it (and because of showery weather), I decided to grill on my sloped front driveway.

I put two tuna cans of soaked Hickory chips in for a little bit of smoke, one in the front and one in the back. By the time the grill had reached cooking temp, the rear can had burst into flames, whereas the front can was barely even smoldering. When I went to cook the chicken thighs, I noticed that the back burner was burning hotter than all the rest, the middle was not quite as hot, and the front was barely warm enough to sear the meat -- despite all of them being at the same setting.

So I'm wondering, could the small degree of incline have something to do with the uneven heating of the grill?

Weber grills have always been know for even heat... it seems odd that I would have this issue. If I get another chance to grill this week, I will try to find a more level spot (or use leveling blocks) to see if it makes a difference.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
jethro

Nevermind... answered my own question by using leveling blocks the next time I used it. Heating was very nice and even.

BTW, anyone looking for a basic, high quality grill should really consider a Weber Spirit. I've done chicken thighs, hamburgers, pork tenderloins and steaks -- you would have to try pretty hard to screw things up. I knew all the idiosyncrasies of my 10-year-old old Charbroil, but I was NEVER able to get the kind of results I'm getting with this Weber.

Bookmark   April 24, 2007 at 1:02PM
More Discussions
members mark grills
anyone have a professional liquid propane gas island...
anelisemiller
lynx or dcs best prices?
I had posted this in the appliance section but this...
nolacls
Smokers
I'm thinking about getting my husband a smoker, and...
pondpal
how to remove paint stain from stainless steel bbq?
someone spilled what appears to be stain or paint on...
wantboost
Grilled Pork Tenderloin
Found this recipe and it is a keeper! Easy marinade...
lkzz
Sponsored Products
Mrs. Powers Fireplace Screen - BLACK
$995.00 | Horchow
Jura Impressa F7 Automatic Coffee Center - 13709
Hayneedle
Spatula Measuring Spoon
$7.99 | zulily
Herbal Fusion Infused Green Tea 10-inch Memory Foam Mattress
Overstock.com
Polaris Black P428BL D-Bowl AstraGranite Sink
PLFixtures