Where can I find design ideas for basement?

jencoxDecember 28, 2011

We are wanting to finish our basement and make it Lodge theme..where can i get some ideas or flooring? Wall? Thought about the rustic wood siding maybe? We also want a bar and we have a fireplace down there and want some sort of neat stone around it. also struggling w/layout..we have a full bath down there and a place to put a bedroom...where do I start?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
fnmroberts

You may want to check for books at your local home center. I know they have ones for decks, kitchens, baths, etc.

One of our neighbors did a look like you are considering. Attached a log-style planking to the walls and put artificial stone on the fireplace. Used a pegged-look flooring and a rustic bar built of 2X lumber. They hired a designer though and have since moved.

Bookmark   December 29, 2011 at 7:39AM
canoes

I went to library and got several basement ideas books. They even ordered some from nearby libraries.

Bookmark   January 1, 2012 at 9:01PM
maizeylou

We are in the process of doing our basement in a lodge/cabin theme. The flooring is a wood-scraped look laminate in, if I remember correctly, a teak tone. The walls are outside log siding and pine siding. We the few more things to finish up - the fireplace is not complete, etc. We looked at sites that featured log cabins for ideas. If you send me an email on here, I can send you pictures. I have not had luck with posting pics as yet.

Bookmark   January 10, 2012 at 5:39PM
OzGirl1985

We just finished our basement- I used mydeco.com's 3D designer to help me figure out how things would look/what colors/etc. It was really helpful.

Bookmark   January 20, 2012 at 3:18PM
keijoy

go to houzz.com many many ideas there!

Bookmark   March 2, 2013 at 1:53PM
More Discussions
What to do with old cistern room?
The house I'm buying has a weird feature. There's a...
demeterchaos
Basement Plans Thoughts?
Hello, Planning to finishing my basement and hoping...
NYcRavi
Mysterious Concrete Box in Basement
I am considering placing an offer on a house (built...
charv
upgrade R11 to R13 insulation in basement?
We are in the process of remodeling our basement. We...
Desirun2
Walk-out basement design
Building a house in western Massachusetts -- it will...
Artemis_MA
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™