Bradley Smoker

Roberta_z5March 21, 2004

Does anyone have/use a Bradley Smoker. What do you think of it? Do you use it enough to justify the cost? Thanks if anyone can help!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
backyardbill

Hi Roberta
I built a smoker from a a new steel barrel, and use charcoal to heat it with. Things I have learned, are that I would like to have a steady source of heat like gas or electric to make it easier maintain the nessary low heat to smoke meat, and this is a very time consuming cooking method so be prepared to watch your smoker for many hours. The last pork butt that I smoked was cooked in the oven for 10 hours before I put it in the smoker for the last 2 or 3 hours because its much easier to maintain the low heat nessary to cook the meat, but thats because my smoker is real low tech. Also I saw a show on the food channel where the chef used a cardboard box with an electric hot plate and a cast iron pan to smoke salmon, with the point being that you don't have to spend a fortune to have smoked food. I looked at the ads for the Bradly smoker, and they look like they would do a good job, but you would have to smoke a lot of meat to make it worth that sort of money. Here is a recipe site to help to get your mouth watering for some good smoked food; www.cookshack.com Bill

Bookmark   July 6, 2004 at 6:23AM
cajun_cat

Is your pit a grill lovers Char- Broil?

Bookmark   September 20, 2004 at 7:02PM
Roberta_z5

We bought the Bradley Smoker and like it. I don't know yet if the use justifies the cost. We have smoked salmon, pork chops, sausage and chicken. We are finding that things come out a little dry, so we need to adjust the timing, etc. I love stuff smoked, however and this is a project in progress!!!

As far as the pit thing, I don't know what you mean. Once we smoke meats, we grill them. With the salmon, it is just smoked and slowly cooked.

Bookmark   September 20, 2004 at 8:50PM
RIchH

I have a bradley & have made some great stuff on it mainly Ribs, brisket & pork butts, but if i had to do it all over again I would have definately went with the cookshack smoker.

Rich

Here is a link that might be useful: Cook Shack Smokers

Bookmark   January 29, 2005 at 8:32AM
More Discussions
Ironworks gas grill
Greetings, Does anyone have any experience or knowledge...
sundance1
what equipment should be bring in Barbecue
I'm going to and my friends crazy once before back...
junho
What are your most useful appliances in outdoor kitchen
We are in the design stages for our outdoor grilling...
squwhat
Member's Mark Gas Grills Part 3 (Continued Discussion)
This discussion thread is about the Member's Mark stainless...
Ladd
how to remove paint stain from stainless steel bbq?
someone spilled what appears to be stain or paint on...
wantboost
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™