Weber A or B? (2004)

steve_aMarch 29, 2004

This is my first visit to this forum, and the reason is that after about 20 years, I will be retiring my Weber kettle grill in favor of gas. I've read the recent posts here that discuss gas grills, and it seems that most of them are from last year. The Weber A is more in my price range, and I just saw that they were reduced at Home Depot from $349 to $300. I think the B was $449, but I'm not sure. I'd probably go for a $100 upgrade, but $150? Someone in one of the other posts said with the 3 burner B, you could turn off the center burner for slow-cooking chicken. Makes sense to me. Anyone with comments, especially on the A? Also, what's the best way to shop and buy? Any web discounts out there? Thanks for the help,

Steve

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
wheely_boy

First off, I've never seen these grills discounted. Everyone sells them for the same price. I've never used an "A" before but I've used many grills with two burners before. I currently own a Silver B, been using it for about 4 years. I have never gotten these results from a 2 burner grill. Like you mentioned, the ability to turn off the center burner allows you to slow cook anything. I know $150 seems like a lot of money, but for insuring you get good results cooking expensive meat, it's worth it.

Bookmark   March 29, 2004 at 5:31PM
steve_a

Thanks, Wheely, I've pretty much come to the same conclusion. I hope I can find a blue one locally! Steve

Bookmark   April 1, 2004 at 7:36AM
sscutchen

I have a Genesis 1000, same as the Silver B now. I agree having the center burner is a huge advantage.

Amazon is $449

Best Froogled prices are:

$419.99 - Etronics.net

$425.00 - 1 Best Buy Electronics.com

Not sure how reputable these guys are nor what they charge for shipping.

Bookmark   May 12, 2004 at 8:45PM
steve_a

Thanks, sscutchen. I found a blue one at a local hardware store and have been happily grilling ever since. Steve

Bookmark   May 17, 2004 at 7:36AM
More Discussions
Cooking ribs on a gas grill ??
I posted this on the cooking forum, then realized there's...
cookingrvc
Member's Mark Gas Grills Part 3 (Continued Discussion)
This discussion thread is about the Member's Mark stainless...
Ladd
Natural gas line connection to grill
I want to get a natural gas grill, and this is what...
Rakster
Ignighter problem with Weber or Dukane Gas Grill
Ignitor Problem with Weber or Dukane Grill- I have...
etbrown4
Front Avenue grill at Costco
Do you know anything about this grill? Not sure what...
susanf242
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™