Summer Kitchen Ideas?

Sam_I_AmJanuary 22, 2005

We are getting ready to build a summer kitchen. I have a large patio so space is not an issue. I envision a long bi-level bar. The top bar will function as "bar" seating. We'll entertain out there and serve drinks. The other side will be our built in grill. I'm not sure which type of grill to get. Is infra red all it's cracked up to be? Would it serve any other use besides a rotisserie? I was looking at the Flame Tech grill. Any comments? Also, I'm thinking I don't want a sink. Will I regret that? I'd love to see some pictures of people's summer kitchens. I haven't even decided on the materials. It will probably be concrete block/stucco. Would I be crazy to get wood cabinets? We live in FL, but not on the water. Thanks for any input!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
wizardnm

go for it

Bookmark   April 8, 2005 at 8:48PM
Happy_Go_Lucky_Gayle

I wouldn't do wood outside in Florida. I'm in Coastal Texas. Stainless Steel Cabinets are the only way to go here.

I think you will use an outdoor sink more than you realize. How many times have you dropped a utensil? or needed to wash up? Cross contamination happens very easily.

Bookmark   June 28, 2005 at 6:41AM
willrose

i,m also wanting to build a outdoor kitchen or grill area
i was thinking about a brick oven also but am not sure of the cost cleanup & maintenance.

Bookmark   July 10, 2005 at 9:06PM
More Discussions
what equipment should be bring in Barbecue
I'm going to and my friends crazy once before back...
junho
Best Gas Grill
We are building a new home and looking to build an...
litlmikeyb
Windbreak for BBQ
We live in an area that is extremely windy at times....
ijensen
Bakers and Chefs gas grills ????
Anybody know about these grills that Sam's Clubs sell...
jimt
lynx or dcs best prices?
I had posted this in the appliance section but this...
nolacls
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™