malibujason79November 13, 2011

In the unfinished area of my basement there is insulation nailed to the concrete wall. The part against the wall is what looks to be fiberglass insulation and the backing which you see is some type of foil. I would like to find out more about this, R value etc and maybe buy more for another project. I can't find any info on it. What is the correct name for it, whats the R value, and where can I buy more. My house is only a few years old so it should still be out there somewhere. Any info would be great.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

They're foil-faced batts with an R Value of 11-38, depending on thickness.

    Bookmark   November 14, 2011 at 11:01AM
Sign Up to comment
More Discussions
Which drywall to use in the basement?
Hi, I am finishing a basement that is under the attached...
water seeping through floor?
I have a finished walk out basement. After several...
How to re-do the stairs for my basement remodel
So I'm undergoing a simple remodel of a small basement....
Mysterious Concrete Box in Basement
I am considering placing an offer on a house (built...
making the crawl space more useful?
My house has a (vented) crawl space between 2 and 3'...
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™