Anyone purchased from Goedekers?

kgolbyJanuary 21, 2013

I came across Goedekers website while looking for reviews on GE Cafe appliances I'm interested in putting in my kitchen. The prices they advertise are quite a few hundred dollars less than any store I've found locally plus there's no sales tax & free shipping. Just curious if anyone has purchased from this company before of has purchased appliances from another online company. Is it worth it or is it better to shop locally in case there are issues with the appliances?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
kgolby

Should have looked into this further before posting but it looks like you have to live within a certain distance to purchase from this co. I live too far away which makes me question irrelevant.

Bookmark   January 21, 2013 at 9:06PM
wekick

I have purchased from them. You have saved yourself a whole lotta trouble!

Bookmark   January 21, 2013 at 9:23PM
patrick_CT

What are the bad things? I was also just looking at them since they have a lot of things I was looking for also... for a decent price

Bookmark   March 1, 2013 at 7:27PM
wekick

These are things I would do no matter where I bought.

Make sure they are a current, authorized dealer for your appliance, in good standing and for the territory where you are. Verify with the manufacturer.

Buy with a credit card so you have recourse if appliances are not delivered for any reason or not what expected. If you don't get them when promised, keep in mind you only have a certain amount of time to file a dispute after the item is posted to your account. I would ask for it not to be charged until it was ready to be delivered.

Get everything in writing, model numbers exactly, all terms, fees and a written copy of any extended warranty. Compare this carefully to your credit card statement and compare for the next few months to make sure no additional charges are added.

Find out who will service your appliance under the original warranty and the extended warranty.

Do not accept for delivery anything not in a sealed, original box. Accept nothing with any damage to the box.

Do your own research on what appliance is best. Recommendations by some sales people may be made based on commissions paid and "casting aspersions" is a technique to pull you away from your choice.

Open and install your appliance as soon as you get it. Put it through its paces. Time sitting in a garage waiting is ticking against the warranty. Find out when the warranty starts, again in writing as some will start the warranty when it is posted on your credit card. The delivery time is most common with a few starting it on installation. My guess is they have to do the installation though.

Bookmark   March 3, 2013 at 1:00PM
More Discussions
Dishwasher with cutlery tray and heated dry?
I seem to be coming up fairly empty handed with these...
tigger9759
Bluestar platinum vs Capital Culinarian
We are deciding on kitchen appliances for our upgrade...
malba2366
How much Hood CFM to get for Wolf's 6-Burner Rangetop?
Let's say I use all 6 burners at once sometimes (not...
wcutiew
Ordered my BlueStar!
I ordered and paid my deposit on my BlueStar on Saturday....
Debbi Branka
Noxious new oven smell ??
Our new Electrolux wave-touch double oven is wonderful,...
infohound2006
Sponsored Products
Area Rug: Candice Olson Chartreuse 5' x 8'
Home Depot
Runner Rug: Candice Olson Taupe 2' 6" x 8'
Home Depot
Kaddur Lounge Chair in Black on Black
$799.00 | LexMod
Ava Paloma Fabric Metal Dining Chair
bryght.com
Colonial Mills Jackson Braided Rug - Evergold - JK30R024X036
$49.00 | Hayneedle