getting plywood into crawl space

sn00teriteNovember 20, 2007

I'm considering doing a seiemic retrofit for my house and I've been studying furiously on everything I need to do. I'm feeling very comfortable with the three steps require for the retrofitting but what I can't figure out is how to get the plywood pannels into the crawl space. My crawl space door is pretty standard sized and it's easy for a person to get into and out of the crawl space. However, it won't fit a full sized (4x8) pannel. I know the pannel will be cut to size to fit the cripple walls but some of them will be 4x8 because one of hte cripple walls is 4 foot high. Any suggestions?

Thanks.

Jason

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
rjoh878646

I can't think of any easy solution to your problem. It sounds like the only thing you can do apart from knocking out 4 ft of foundation blocks is rip up a floor in part of the house and drop the plywood through that. Sorry........

Bookmark   November 21, 2007 at 10:32AM
fnmroberts

Several years ago one of my neighbors had a similar problem with drywall. He ended up removing the carpet in his Family Room, detaching and removing a section of subfloor and then lowering his drywall. Then reversed the process and restretched the carpet.

Bookmark   November 21, 2007 at 4:41PM
sn00terite

Thanks for the ideas. I think I'm going to take out part of a cripple wall move stuff through there.

Bookmark   December 7, 2007 at 1:25PM
More Discussions
upgrade R11 to R13 insulation in basement?
We are in the process of remodeling our basement. We...
Desirun2
How to re-do the stairs for my basement remodel
So I'm undergoing a simple remodel of a small basement....
phiwwy
Electrician on his way...
OK, we are in the beginning stages of wiring - and...
3ilovepie
Mysterious Concrete Box in Basement
I am considering placing an offer on a house (built...
charv
Adding toilet to basement
We are adding a half bath to our basement when we start...
Seamer1
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™