Two Older Chairs

debodunMay 1, 2010

I may want to put these chairs out at our community-wide garage sale in a few weeks (copy and paste page address below in your browser's address bar to see them). Could anyone tell me approximately how old they are and a ballpark figure of what would be a reasonable price to ask. I don't want to set the prices so high nobody would be interested, yet I don't want to undersell either. Thanks.

http://mabruhle.angelfire.com/

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
lindac

The gold one is junk...1970's Italian provincial wanna be...$20 if you are lucky...
The rocker is a very nice mahogany or walnut Lincoln Rocker...so called because that's the style of chair he was sitting in when shot.
Could be old or could be a newer repro....very nice...maybe $40 maybe $140...depends on what you find when you turn it upside down and look at the construction.
Linda C

Here is a link that might be useful: Chairs

Bookmark   May 1, 2010 at 4:04PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
texasredhead

I have found the market for used furniture to be all but nil or very cheap. Regarding worthwhile antiques, it requires finding an interested buyer. As an example, I have a circa 1825, solid cherry drop leaf table. Probably worth around $2,500. Yet to find an interested buyer.

Bookmark   May 2, 2010 at 8:42AM
More Discussions
Question about Eastlake washstand that has two types of drawer joints
Hi. I recently purchased an antique washstand that...
Patricia Oliver
Name on artwork
I just got this photo today, have you ever hear of...
Dones
Help with print
Have some one seen this name on artwork or know of...
Dones
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™