Neo-Shower Dilemma Help Please

teri47December 1, 2005

Here is the picture of my guest bath with neo-shower. I need recommendations for avoiding water coming out shower door when faucet is turned on. Any advice appreciated!

Image link:

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
DallasAuburn

Well, this may be more drastic than what you would like, but my in-laws have a similar issue. They replaced the typical 45 degrees shower arm (that connects between the water source at the wall and the shower head) with a 90 arm that has a long "leg" that extends about a foot away from the wall. Gosh. This is a little difficult to explain. Basically, they took a shower head that is wall mounted and make it sorta a rainhead showerhead. It would depend on how high your water source is on the wall. Yours looks like it's pretty high.

Bookmark   December 2, 2005 at 2:43PM
teri47

Dallas I think I understand what you are saying. My question would be can I do that rainhead type shower head without having to go behind the wall tiles to make the connection to the water pipes? I would sure hate to have to mess with the newly installed tile. Thanks for you recommendation!

Bookmark   December 2, 2005 at 6:21PM
DallasAuburn

Teri,
Definately. The shower arm just screws into a bushing that is behind the wall. You will just need to unscrew the existing 45 degree arm and replace it with one that is an L. Does this make sense?

Bookmark   December 3, 2005 at 9:32AM
teri47

Dallas I think I understand what you are saying. My question would be can I do that rainhead type shower head without having to go behind the wall tiles to make the connection to the water pipes? I would sure hate to have to mess with the newly installed tile. Thanks for you recommendation!

Bookmark   December 3, 2005 at 12:31PM
teri47

I'm not sure why my post came up twice, I didn't think I posted the same message on different days??

Anyway Dallas, I understand your comment about unscrewing the existing arm. That is a relief to hear!

Thanks so much for your help! I am going to do a lot of research at the store before I make a purchase that's for sure!

Bookmark   December 4, 2005 at 4:53AM
More Discussions
So upset about marble floor
This is how my expensive marble basket weave floor...
aiallega
Trying to Match.....
I am trying to match a set of Dornbracht Madison lav....
Patricia Kuehne
TIGHT Space for Mirrors (Between the Light Fixture and Backsplash) :(
We are coming into the home stretch. Although there...
Monrovia Mom
Polished vs Unpolished tile for bath
We are redoing our master bath with a grey 12x24 porcelain...
btnik
My afterthought bathroom REVEAL
I was doing a major remodel on a guest bathroom and...
shappy22
Sponsored Products
WHIRL Aerating Wineglass - Set of Two
$8.99 | zulily
Furniture of America Mizayi Sleek Espresso Storage Cabinet
Overstock.com
Leva Grab Rail 21 Bathroom Shower Safety Support Handle Bath Grab Bar
Hudson Reed
Jacob Ziegler Rug 11'10" x 9'5" - ROYAL
$8,100.00 | Horchow
Campania International Square Cast Stone Pedestal For Urns and Statues - PD-32-A
$439.99 | Hayneedle
Isola Sheet Set
$870.00 | FRONTGATE
Exos Pasadena Wall Sconce by Hubbardton Forge
$414.00 | Lumens
Cambria Scroll 7 1/2" Wide Black Mini Pendant
$99.99 | Lamps Plus
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™