Software Programs for basements

rob01November 24, 2008

I want to finish my basement but have no idea how to plan it. Is their any good software programs out their that can help?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
fnmroberts

Visit a computer store and they will have several. But, they won't design it for you, just enable you to fit items into place and will have "knowledge" of certain features like doorway width, cabinet depth and the like. Depending on how elaborate you are planning, graph paper might be just as good.

I will say that in building-out the basement space I gained a real appreciation for an architects' knowledge of space requirements because I either had to go places in the house to capture a measurement or visit a retailer to measure things. A software program will relieve you of some of those situations.

I'm linking our basement which includes the layout. You may want to read some of the information I've provided in the commentary below the photo. I used QuarkXpress to do mine but I designed it almost 10 years ago and there weren't design program choices on the shelves like are available now.

Here is a link that might be useful: Our Basement

Bookmark   November 24, 2008 at 8:55AM
More Discussions
Str'l Wood Floor + CrwlSpace vs Concrete Slab
Hello, We were discussing our plans with a builder...
Naween
How to re-do the stairs for my basement remodel
So I'm undergoing a simple remodel of a small basement....
phiwwy
Walk-out basement design
Building a house in western Massachusetts -- it will...
Artemis_MA
Easier way to burst up concrete?
Since it seem I have to do some concrete busting work...
ravlegend
Basement Plans Thoughts?
Hello, Planning to finishing my basement and hoping...
NYcRavi
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™