Tile - Labor and Cost Question

mom2fiveNovember 7, 2005

Hi All,

Starting to shop for tile for the bathrooms for our new home, and I am feeling I need a Tiles for Dummies course about the variations in labor charge for laying tile in various patterns, on the diagonal, or doing subway tile. I have 5 bathrooms to plan - the master is the larger one - I have one small powder room, and the others are small to average size. How much more is it to lay tile differently (rough, rough guesstimate, percentage more etc anything would help). Also, is it a waste to lay tile diagonally in a small powder room? What can I do to spice up the look of the smaller bathrooms without breaking the bank on labor or materials? Also, I have a budget for tile from the builder of $4.00 Sq ft. I love the look of roman travertine - there seem to be so many choices, so many brands, price levels - dont know where to begin to even shop. Can anyone recommmend some good quality brands that are somewhat reasonable in price, or websites I can begin to look at?

Thanks for any help!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Cmarrocco

Plan on ading 20% to lay on diagonal, but I think it is worth it, it can carefully be mixed also.

Bookmark   November 8, 2005 at 10:12AM
More Discussions
Newbie needs help with bathroom remodel
As a disclaimer, this is my first time remodeling a...
tigo35466
New bath w ikea Sektion cabinets (image heavy)
After many long months, we have our bathroom addition...
amemm
Shower help for new build
Hi everyone! I have been lurking on this forum for...
irina654
Console legs for wall-mount sink?
We have installed this sink in our bathroom: http://www.ybath.com/duravit-starck-3-double-furniture-washbasin.html?utm_medium=pla&utm_source=google&utm_content=duravit-starck-3-double-furniture-washbasin&cvosrc=pla.google.duravit-starck-3-double-furniture-washbasin&gclid=CKjNlI3C08QCFYhhfgodmE8A8Q The...
lesleymatson
Trying to Match.....
I am trying to match a set of Dornbracht Madison lav....
Patricia Kuehne
Sponsored Products
Rustic Tiles Runner 2'6" x 10' - RUST
$499.00 | Horchow
Freejack LED Peyton Pendant
Lightology
Mosaic Mirrored Accent Table
$272.90 | Bludot
Maison 5-Piece Round Dining Set
Ballard Designs
Crochet Tile White Pillow
$41.99 | Bellacor