Painting a Clear Vessel Sink

andicat628November 10, 2009

Just wanted to show off my Vessel Sink. I found this clear sink in a flea market for $12!!! Its a $140 sink, I have no idea why they were selling it for so cheap. I knew I was going to buy a thick bowl and turn it into a vessel sink, I just cant believe we actually found a vessel sink. Anyway...this sink was again clear when we found it but thats not what I wanted. So I painted the outside of the sink with 3 different metallic spray paints. Gold, Bronze and black. And then I sealed it with several coats a high gloss glass sealer. I am so in love with it. Its fantastic. To get a sink with colors you have to spend well over $200, many are up to $2000. Im very happy with the results and I just wanted to share the possabilities with you all.

Image link:

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
kimkitchy

That's an impressive change. Love stories like this. A $12 sink becomes the star of the bath! Your post is indeed inspiring!

Bookmark   November 11, 2009 at 5:40PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
kathielo

Hi, you were very lucky to find that sink...and talented to make it look so beautiful with just paint. I am looking for a clear vessel sink for my powder room but it seems what I am finding is the clear sinks have a greenish tone around the edges. Would you happen to know the brand of your sink? It looks perfectly clear in its original state.

Bookmark   January 15, 2010 at 9:16PM
More Discussions
Tile install question
I've been posting a lot about our upcoming master bath...
numbersjunkie
Does anyone know where to sell a brand new vanity
looking to sell locally only and tried craigslist this...
matdrew
Nervous about going curbless, need to decide this week. Issues, cons?
To be quite frank, we'd be doing this for looks only....
happyallison
Small bathroom from scratch - layout help needed
http://www.homestyler.com/designprofile/b86dc96a-7c58-42f3-8ba3-408b7c9610f2...
peace_rose
Tile sizes and colors...help!
My husband and I are about to tear our hair out. We've...
alidanae
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™