water leaking from tiny hole in basement wall

cte120907October 18, 2006

Hi, I went down to the basement this afternoon and noticed a puddle of water near where the PH balancing unit, water softener, and water tank are located. The wall behind the PH balancing unit is wet. I then heard a low hissing sound and realized that water was coming in from a tiny hole (between the size of a pin and a nail) on that wall. (The hole is about 5 feet above the floor of the basement.) Water was coming out pretty fast for a tiny hole (think of a water pipe with a puncture and water seeping out). I didn't know what to do. Since we are on a well system, I turned off power to the well and the water pump. I don't know if this has anything to do with it, but, after a while, the leaking stopped. The wall with the hole is the wall where the water pipe comes in from the outside. But, the leaking hole is not that near the water pipe (about 2 or 3 feet). Can this be rain water? We had some rain (sometimes heavy) last night. Our basement is poured cement. It is not finished and is under ground. As far as I know, this is the first time this has happened. Any help is much appreciated.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
perel

Well, you could turn the water back on now that it's not raining and see if the leak starts up again..

Bookmark   October 22, 2006 at 11:40AM
More Discussions
Which drywall to use in the basement?
Hi, I am finishing a basement that is under the attached...
Vesh
Ductwork revisions
I am working on re-finishing a basement that was originally...
aarongarbutt
Walkout Basement in Texas
Greetings to all! I have a sloping lot on Lake Conroe...
ZipAgent
FG & Rim Joist Insulation --- HELP!!!
Help - My builder (doing a fire rebuild) wants to put...
mdln
How to re-do the stairs for my basement remodel
So I'm undergoing a simple remodel of a small basement....
phiwwy
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™