Looking for 78' minimum curved bronze shower rod

bolero85September 30, 2008

New tub is 72 inches long. Bench on back side of tub is 6" long so wall from front of tub to wall on back side of tub is 78" long. Need a curved bronze shower rod which is at least 78" long and cannot find one longer than 72 inches long. Lowes suggested I buy their 2 of their 60" curved bronze rods and let them cut one and make a curved rod from 2 males fitting together or something. Am worried this will be a weaker rod due to cutting one to make 2 fit. Would prefer to buy one which is made for this length. Any ideas? Contractor told me he had a client who bought a 7 foot curved rod once, but can't remember where client bought it and I guess can't find client. Any help?


Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

You need to post this over in discussions rather than gallery -- nobody ever much comes here!!

    Bookmark   October 2, 2008 at 8:09PM
Sign Up to comment
More Discussions
Nervous about going curbless, need to decide this week. Issues, cons?
To be quite frank, we'd be doing this for looks only....
Wall Mural (Photo Wallpaper, Photo Tile or Hire Artist?)
We have one wall in bath that's a hand-painted mural....
Conflicting Contractors: how to anchor a shower niche shelf
Dear Bathroom Wizards, We put an 18-inch wide, extra-tall...
Stop Frameless Shower from Slamming Shut?
Just completed a renovation of our master suite and...
New Kohler Levity glass shower doors...
Has anyone installed these yet? It's a higher end look...
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™