Blomberg Dishwasher thoughts

magnolia_leeJanuary 15, 2013

I'm looking to replace the ancient (avocado green) dishwasher that came with my house when I bought it and have been looking mostly at the European models - Miele and Bosch. A visit to a local appliance showroom last weekend has me considering Blomberg as an option. The sales guy said that in Europe it rates #2 after Miele but since they haven't established a reputation here, they're still relatively inexpensive. I can't find much information on them though. I found a few threads here on GW from 2008 where folks mentioned recently purchasing one. Any of those people have updates on their experiences?

I know, of course, that most folks will just say go with the Miele, but I really don't want to spend more than $1000 and would love to lower that if possible. (I still have other appliances to upgrade, after all...) Looking at options for Miele in my price range - it's the Futura and I don't love the lower rack configuration.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
kitchenkat

I bought a Blomberg dishwasher about nine months ago. So far, it has worked just fine. I'd say it's as good as any of the various European dishwasher brands I've owned over the years.

Bookmark   January 15, 2013 at 7:54PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
fourten1j

I am doing a full kitchen remodel and the dishwasher I decided on was the Blomberg DWT55500SS. The price was on the lower side, $690.00, so I'm just a little worried that it may not perform as well as other better known brands; I have yet to test it because the remodel is not done. Anyone else have experience with Blomberg dishwashers?

Bookmark   April 15, 2013 at 6:00PM
More Discussions
How to decide on refrigeration? High versus low end.
We are a family of 4 with growing kids; cook almost...
acaba
Where do you guys buy a refrigerator for your house?
Hi, all! I am thinking about buying a new refrigerator...
mrseangao
Buy 2 individual wall ovens or one 2 oven wall unit?
Hi - I'm looking for appliances for a house we will...
oaptechgirl
Buy Wolf or Elux wall oven if don't use self clean?
I've read all the horror stories about the blue enamel...
golfergirl29
New Bluestar RCS model - Any Info? (RCS366BV2)
Most of the 36" RCS models are RCS36IRV1 right...
kwest2
Sponsored Products
Rosle Anti-Bacterial Cleaning Brush
$25.00 | FRONTGATE
Viola Wine Glasses
Home Decorators Collection
Set of 6 Rivera Glassware - Champagne Flutes
Ballard Designs
Set of Four Kim Seybert Tumblers
$56.00 | FRONTGATE
Monogram Double Old Fashioned Glasses - Set of 4
Home Decorators Collection