Powder room decor help

simplydeevineSeptember 4, 2009

I am awed by the decor talent represented in this Forum. Please help me turn my tiny (4'x5') powder room into something decent. I needed a vanity (vs pedestal sink) because of storage needs. I couldn't install sconces because there was sufficient space (and the mirror is permanently fixed to the wall). What do you think of chocolate brown walls? Designers suggest deep (dark) colors for powder rooms although that concept is opposite of my thinking.

Image link:

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
crzyktchnlady

I have a friend who has a tiny powder room painted a deep chocolate brown. It's different, but it is actually very cozy. She brightened it up with warm lighting (perhaps you could put one sconce on the side wall) and a few gilt-framed prints of flowers and greenery. Unfortunately, I don't have a picture. Chocolate brown would go nicely with your countertop and floor, but you would have to change out your dark brown towels or no one would find them - ha ha ha!!

Bookmark   September 16, 2009 at 6:05PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
simplydeevine

Thanks crzyktchnlady for your comments. Can you suggest a towel rod or ring that wouldn't look so dominant? I can't believe how clueless I am about the most fundamental of home decor.

Bookmark   September 17, 2009 at 10:47AM
More Discussions
Need bathroom sink/mirror/sconce advice asap!!
Hello everyone, we are in a total pickle over what...
Jenn Cassie
Finished Conestoga cabs bathroom
This wasn't our usual full DIY, we paid for the tile...
justterrilynn
Shower drain installed off-center in subfloor - how to fix? Urgent...
Well back to the (new & improved?) Gardenweb. I...
AHMIowa_NJ
Advice on how high to hang mirror?
My BR remodel is in the finishing touches stage, I...
shappy22
Does anyone know where to sell a brand new vanity
looking to sell locally only and tried craigslist this...
matdrew
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™