I just saw this on my basement wall. What is it?
How do I get rid of this problem?
I've added a picture for reference.
Pearl's Fascinating Fungi
You might want to remove that truly impressive growth. I don't think it's a variety GardenWeb members want to emulate. Though it is coming up to Hallo'ween!
Here is a link that might be useful: Sickhouse mould
WOW! You JUST noticed THAT?! You must not go into your basement much - or it was behind a large piece of furniture/boxes.
Looks like some sort of mold - you more than likely have a water issue. Good luck finding, resolving and removing it!
I agree--whatever it is, there's a water issue behind it. Is this an exterior wall? Or is there any plumbing behind it?
Our kitchen had some mold growing on the cabinet and under the kitchen sink. I sent in a sample (tape test) to a mold testing lab that I'd found online to identify what it was. It think it ran me around $15 per sample.