Guest Bathroom

Sam_I_AmAugust 14, 2004

This is our guest bathroom. I'll be posting pictures of our other two bathrooms soon! Please let me know if you have any questions. This forum has been a great source of inspiration for me! Thanks!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Sam_I_Am

Oops- here's the link!

Here is a link that might be useful: Guest Bath

Bookmark   August 14, 2004 at 2:57PM
houseful

Wow, it's gorgeous! I had to look twice to see the shower door. At first I thought you hadn't installed anything yet. Our guest bath is almost identical in layout as yours,except we have tub/shower combo. I can't wait to remodel it. What are your dimensions of the room and the shower itself, and can you give details about the glass shower enclosure - I love it! I think I recognize the memoirs toilet,am I right?

Bookmark   August 14, 2004 at 3:13PM
yadax3

Beautiful! Please provide info about your vanity top. Is it marble?

Bookmark   August 14, 2004 at 4:01PM
Teddi_and_Roger

Lovely! I really like how you used a variety of tile sizes in the same color/style. It gives it some visual punch without being too busy. Gorgeous vanity top/sink. Great job!!

Bookmark   August 15, 2004 at 11:26AM
euphorbia

Gorgeous! Love the shower

Bookmark   August 15, 2004 at 12:41PM
Mireya

SamIAm -

Can I be your "guest"? :)

Bookmark   August 15, 2004 at 9:32PM
lilathabit

Wow Sam, you did an awesome job! I love your choice of materials! Details please!

Bookmark   August 16, 2004 at 10:44AM
Sam_I_Am

Thanks for the compliments! The vanity top is marble. It's called Breccia Oniciata. The bathroom is approx. 6 X 11. That's a frameless shower door which was quite expensive but worth it! I put vinyl plantation shutters so they could withstand the moisture. That's a Kohler Memoirs toilet and Kohler sink/fixtures. Thanks again! I've learned a lot from these forums. I'll be posting my other two bathrooms soon!

Bookmark   August 16, 2004 at 1:54PM
stu2900

Sam-It's gorgeous! Can you tell me about the window you used? Is that a brushed nickle faucet and a dark gold mirror? That mirror is similar to one I'd like to reuse in the main bath and I really want to use brushed nickle faucets, but wasn't sure how it would look. If it looks as good as yours, I'm sold!

Bookmark   August 16, 2004 at 5:29PM
Sam_I_Am

The window is just a standard opaque window that the builder installed. The shutters are vinyl- almost like a PVC. They have a nice look and can withstand moisture. The molding on the mirror resembles a distressed oil rubbed bronze look. The faucets are brushed nickel. I like to mix my finishes, otherwise, (to my eye) it looks *too* perfect. My light fixture and cabinet knobs are also oil rubbed bronze.

Bookmark   August 16, 2004 at 5:57PM
DallasAuburn

Hey Sam -- very very nice. I hope our bathroom turns out as nice as yours has. I notice you have a hinged frameless shower door and a towel bar against the same wall as the hinges -- does the door touch the towel bar? My hinged shower might touch the towel bar in the same way and I've been wondering if it will cause problems... what do you think?

Bookmark   August 21, 2004 at 1:58PM
nessas

Sam,

I love those tiles! What's the brand name & color?

Bookmark   August 21, 2004 at 7:28PM
Sam_I_Am

The floor tile are Saltillo 16 X 16 made by Garogres. The shower tile are Le Argille mosaic Terra Giallo and the brick are Battiscopa Terra Giallo. It's made by CEC. Hope this helps!

Bookmark   August 24, 2004 at 9:45AM
bayridgeri

Hi Sam I Am---I am in the planning stages of redoing a bathroom, same size as yours. I love what you did! All of it! Could you tell me what kind of shower base did you put in?
BayRidgeRI

Bookmark   February 12, 2005 at 9:22PM
janpoo

Sam I Am -- just terrific! Can you please give me details on the light fixture over the mirror?

Thanks.
-j

Bookmark   March 7, 2005 at 11:36AM
Sam_I_Am

J- I reviewed my bill and the manufacturer of that light is not listed. I tried to do a search, but couldn't find it. I can take a close up pic for you if that's helpful. Thanks for the compliment!

Bookmark   March 7, 2005 at 2:25PM
More Discussions
Air Tubs: Bain Ultra vs Oceania??
We have researched a number of "air tubs"...
d_dub
help choosing modern recessed lighting.
Oh my goodness this seems to be the hardest part of...
Edie Nicosia
Master Bathroom with Laundry
Where would you start with planning the perfect master...
queenofmycastle0221
Should I be concerned about the lippage on my new tile job?
At first glance my porcelain tile job in my bathroom...
susanelewis
Cast Iron, Soaking, Free Standing Tub?
That is what I think I want, but I'm not finding very...
prairiemoon2 z6 MA
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™