sketch for master bath layout

kitnguyeJuly 17, 2006

Hi all... long time lurker, first time poster :)

DH and I are in the process of planning a MBR/bath/closet addition to our home. We have sketched out a preliminary layout for our master bath and wanted to get some opinions from all your knowledgeable design experts. The bath will be approximately 10 x 12. We want a walk-in shower, soaking tub (not corner), and double vanity. We also have a linen closet/built in cabinet sketched but it is not a dealbreaker. Since we will mainly be using the shower, it is important that the toilet does not have a good line of sight to the shower, hence the bump out wall next to the toilet. Anyway, could y'all peruse and offer suggestions/encouragement :)

Thanks so much in advance, Kim

Image link:

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
columbia

My only suggestion is to put the tub under the window/beside the vanity and put the water closet in that hidden corner to be less obvious. I think it is nice to see the bathtub when you enter the room because of the accesories that can go around it. Makes for a nice focal point! How about a pocket door as well? A nice touch in the bathrooms with them that I have seen (more space).

Very nice indeed, good luck!

Bookmark   November 10, 2006 at 10:37AM
More Discussions
Ammara Designs Faucets
I've gotten so much information from these forums....
janelor
Advice on how high to hang mirror?
My BR remodel is in the finishing touches stage, I...
shappy22
No door to bathroom
We are picking our interior doors out tomorrow. I like...
holcombe3
Nervous about going curbless, need to decide this week. Issues, cons?
To be quite frank, we'd be doing this for looks only....
happyallison
Quality Pocket Door Frames?
(Please accept my apology for the duplicate post -...
ahmnj
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™