Mixing calacatta marble with glass tiles?

lfordJuly 12, 2006

Hi all,

I am wanting to mix calacatta (white marble with brown and gray veining) with glass tiles (I was thinking 1x2 in a light green) in my master bath but I'm trying to figure out how to do it. I was going to do polished marble slab counter and tub deck on dark wood cabinets. So I was thinking of incorporating the glass tiles as backsplash on tub and vanity somehow and also somehow integrate them into the shower (materials tbd but too expensive to do all glass shower). I'd love to hear any ideas or see pics. thanks a bunch!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
robarba

Pretty close to what I was thinking of doing. Does anyone have any pictures of similar? Thanks.

Bookmark   June 6, 2008 at 12:50AM
callieandkarin

I am just finishing up my bathroom that is calacatta gold tiles (4"x16" in a running bond pattern) with an accent strip of lavender/blue/gray glass tiles (1"x2"). We are about 90% of the way done, so check back in a few weeks and I should have some pictures. It's not grouted yet, but so far I really like the combo.

Bookmark   June 16, 2008 at 1:33PM
southernalbertahomes

There is a product where it is already mixed up on a sheet. We are installing it in our ensuite but it won't be ready until mid december so i can't post any pictures. They have about 6 options of tile/glass to choose from.

Bookmark   October 29, 2008 at 11:26AM
callieandkarin

Here are pics of my finished bath, which uses a combo of 4"x16" calacatta tiles and 1"x2" blue glass accents. Good luck!

Here is a link that might be useful: Karin's bath

Bookmark   January 6, 2009 at 9:07PM
yesapool

calleiandkarin you have a beautiful bathroom!! Where did you get your vanity? I love the smoothness of the wood. Thanks.

Bookmark   February 1, 2009 at 11:47AM
More Discussions
need bathroom drain advice
Need advice. I am putting in a built in shower 3ft...
checkman123
Vanities on opposite walls -- how much width?
Hey all. We are trying to design a long and narrow...
jenmendel23
Bath fan dilemma
Looking for other options for bath fan/heater/light/nightlight....
gramarows
Bathroom
Walls are blue with red and royal blue towels white...
bobbyfly1
extra tile decisions
It turns out I have more grey crackle tile than I needed...
edwina 1330
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™